The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old May 23, 2000, 12:37 AM   #1
mept

Well today I picked up a Maddi Cadet clone of a 9mm Brigadeer 951, it was from an importer I used once before with good results. This is what I got:
Positives:
1. Tight fit
2. Functions loosened up once lubed
3. very accurate for the first time being shot
4. Decent SA trigger
Negatives:
1. VERY CRACKED PLASTIC GRIP
2. FAR LESS THAN 50% POSITIVE EJECTION OF CASING
3. 100 ROUNDS ALLOWED 1-4 SHOT SERIES TILL JAM, 2-3 SHOT SERIES AND APPROXIMATELY 70 ROUNDS BEING UNABLE TO FIRE 2 CONSECUTIVE SHOTS WITHOUT JAMMING.
4. ROUGH FEED RAMP
5. ROUGH EDGES ON MAGS AT LIP
6. EXTRACTOR RETAINING PIN LOOSENS OUT TOP OF SLIDE WITH RACKING OF SLIDE MANUALLY OR FROM SHOOTING.
7. SECOND ROUND IN MAG SLIDES FORWARD WHEN 1ST ROUND IS CHAMBERED, FURTHER MISALIGNING THAT ROUND FOR THE NEXT FEEDING WHEN AND IF THE 1ST ROUND COMES CLEAR OF THE CHAMBER.
8. CASING REMAINS IN CHAMBER AFTER FIRING.
9. SHELLCASINGS SIGNIFICANTLY SCRATCHED DURING FEEDING AND GOUGED WHEN EXTRACTOR RIDES OVER END OF CASING DURING ATTEMPTED EJECTION.
i DON'T WANT TO NAME THE COMPANIES NAME UNTIL CONTACT THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE. BUT WILL IF I DON'T GET SATISFACTION. SOULD I ATTEMPT REPAIRS, EXCHANGE FOR A HAND PICKED MODEL IF POSSIBLE, EXCHANGE UP TO A 92 SERIES AND FORGET PURCHASING INEXPENSIVE GUNS SIGHT UNSEEN. ONE GOOD EXPERIENCE, ONE BAD SO FAR. THANKS FOR THE INPUT.
Old May 23, 2000, 06:28 AM   #2
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

Mept, I think you just got a bad one. The ones I've seen and shot were very good. I wouldn't put any money into it but give their customer service a chance to replace it. George
Old May 23, 2000, 09:38 PM   #3
mept

I contacted KYimports which refered me to pars int'l, the actual importer. The person I spoke with seemed eager to have me get it in with a description of all my problems. It sounds like they want to make things right. I post the positives and negatives later, thanks for the input.