The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 3, 2012, 10:13 PM   #1
KOPPKS

Baikal IZH-81KM 12 gauge

Hello everyone. I recently purchased a used Baikal IZH-81KM 12 gauge shotgun at a reduced rate because it didn't have a clip/magazine. I can't believe how hard it is to find a clip/magazine for this shotgun. I wasn't even able to get one from EAA Corp in FL who manufactured the shotgun because it's no longer being made.

Any ideas of where I might be able to pick up a few magazines for this shotgun? (or at least one)

Thanks!
Old August 5, 2012, 07:07 AM   #2
Pyrobud

I have 2 that came with my gun when I purchased it. I would like to keep mine but I would really like to turn another one into a home defense gun. What would it take to get that gun from you.
Old August 5, 2012, 07:49 AM   #3
SDC

The IZh-81 has now been replaced by the MP-133, which appears to be the same design, only with a receiver made to accept up to 3 1/2" shells, and they do make a MP-133K version that feeds from the same sort of box magazine. You may need to write to Izhmech ( http://imzcorp.com/en/info/partners.html ) and see if either the magazines are interchangeable, or if they have any mags for the IZh-81 in stock.
Old August 6, 2012, 03:22 AM   #4
TheKlawMan

Check with Numrich.

Is it likely that a box magazine made to accept 3-1/2" shells will fit or be too large for a receiver with an opening designed to accomodate a 3" shot shell magazine. Measure the opening in your receiver.

Try calling the US dealer located in Florida to check on the availability of magzines for the IZh-81.

Or this outfit, which may have them for $80. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=281833304

Last edited by TheKlawMan; August 6, 2012 at 03:43 AM.