The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old December 29, 2008, 05:05 PM   #26
mav88

i have a 2russians, albanian, yugo and chinese...

get a romanian...they are harder to come across...and their selling value are much more...IMO...
Old December 29, 2008, 07:49 PM   #27
gustav129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clanger
Norinco: An SKS is not a 'Norinco', per se. Norinco was/is an importer. They stamped all kinds of SKS's post ban. Pre and post '66, type-D's, etc.
So are you saying Norinco 1911's and M14's are only imported by Norinco and not manufactured by them?

Quote:
The China North Industries Corporation official English name Norinco, manufactures vehicles (trucks, cars and motorcycles), machinery, optical-electronic products, oil field equipment, chemicals, light industrial products, explosives and blast materials, civil and military firearms and ammunition, etc. Norinco is also involved in domestic civil construction projects.

Norinco is also known outside of China for its high-tech defense products, some of which are adaptations of Soviet equipment. Norinco produces precision strike systems, amphibious assault weapons and equipment, long-range suppression weapon systems, anti-aircraft & anti-missile systems, information & night vision products, high-effect destruction systems, fuel air bombs, anti-terrorism & anti-riot equipment and small arms.

Norinco was established in 1980 with the approval of the State Council of China, and is overseen by the Commission of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense
I don't know about yours, but my Norinco made Chinese SKS was imported by B-West in Tuscan, AZ.
Old December 30, 2008, 09:05 AM   #28
clanger

Quote:
So are you saying Norinco 1911's and M14's are only imported by Norinco and not manufactured by them?
No- I did not say that, YOU did.

Please re-read what you quoted me on and edit your post accordingly.

NORINCO was importing SKS's that were made 20 years or more prior their being.

Just because an SKS is stamped NORINCO, does NOT make it made by NORINCO.

I had a 1964, Type 56, Factory 26 that was NOT made by NORINCO, yet, had the importer's stamp.
Old January 1, 2009, 02:21 AM   #29
Hirlau

I have a Yugo And a Norinco. I prefer my Norinko, flawless shooter so far.
My Yugo is beautiful, alot of time put into her, but problems, twice this week at the range.

I will keep the Yugo, but would grab the Norinco if needed for a SD situation.

Old January 1, 2009, 03:08 AM   #30
mav88

Nice Sks's Man...they Selling Yugos At My Big 5 Store In My Town For 399...
Old January 1, 2009, 03:18 AM   #31
THE GENERAL

The short an skinny of it is, it's just an SKS nothin top notch!
If it's a good price grab it up. In the past 2 years I have seen cheap SKS's go from $145 to $450. Obama has gun owners scared!
Old January 1, 2009, 03:32 AM   #32
Coyote Hitman

+1, if you find an SKS in great shape for under 200.00, buy it. If not, pass, they are not worth the prices folks are asking post election. Just wait till things settle down and prices come back down.
Old January 23, 2009, 12:22 PM   #33
woad_yurt

I shot a Norinco once and right away sold off my Yugo. I've shot a Russian one, too. For handiness and accuracy, the Norinco wins out. Mine's a bayonetless Paratrooper. The thing feels almost like a .22 rifle and shoots really, really well. It's a perfect utility purpose rifle. The Yugo feels like a telephone pole in comparison. Carries like one, too.

Last edited by woad_yurt; January 23, 2009 at 12:28 PM.