The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old October 26, 2012, 10:57 PM   #26
4V50 Gary
Staff

Got books.... Three plus bookcases filled with books. That isn't anything compared with the school's. They have 14 six-shelf bookcases filled with gonne books. It's an amazing collection.
Old October 27, 2012, 03:57 AM   #27
LockedBreech

^ Same. My book collection dwarfs my other collections combined. I have an apartment packed in every corner with them, and my old bedroom at my parents' place has hundreds (probably close to a thousand) more. That's not counting the hundreds digitally stored on my Kindle Touch.

I have never regretted the $10-20 spent on a good book. Truly a tiny investment given how a single good piece of literature can reshape your view on the entire world. The short stories of Richard Matheson and Alastair Reynolds have permanently reshaped my perspective on life in an easy half hour of reading.

Not to say I don't enjoy my five firearms, eight knives, and my fledgling cartridge collection that has 20 or so chamberings.
Old October 27, 2012, 12:45 PM   #28
ChasingWhitetail91

Meat, and the occasional set of antlers.