The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 21, 2002, 09:42 AM   #1
Kentucky Rifle

New Pocket Light...

I purchased a new LED pocket light at the Louisville Gun Show a couple of weeks ago. I was hoping for a small LED flashlight that was bright enough to illuminate a close-in target in darkness. Well, this little "Clip Mate" from Streamlight has exceeded my expectations. It runs off three regular alkaline, triple "A" batteries and has three white LED's, a Lexan lens, and a very shiny reflector. I took it outside last night for a test and incredibly, it would illuminate the very top of my chimney. It's supposed to run for at least 40 hours on a set of batteries and it is not even HALF the price of a Surefire "Executive". It also comes with a removable clip for attachment just about anywhere. (I plan on clipping it to my new "MOLON LABE" cap for night fishing. ) It also comes with a lanyard and a gizmo that allows you to wear it on your head. It's kinda "flat" too, not "round". Feels good in my pocket.
I just wanted to mention this new "Clip Mate" for the other people on the board who are like me. In other words--ALWAYS looking for the perfect flashlight!

KR
Old June 21, 2002, 10:11 AM   #2
stringj

Kentucky Rifle,

Are you familiar with this site?
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/

It keeps me from going into withdrawal.

Jerry
Old June 21, 2002, 10:55 AM   #3
Kentucky Rifle

Jerry...

Yep, I sure am familiar with candlepowerforums. I'm ALWAYS in search of another good light.

KR