The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 8, 1999, 12:48 AM   #1
Glock Raider

I know HK stopped importing the Benelli line of shotguns. what is the pump shotgun they now import? I think it goes under the brand name of Fabarm or something like that Is it any good or would one be better served with an 870 or 590? G.R.
Old November 8, 1999, 01:21 AM   #2
house

Could this be there shot gun called the NOVA?
I am not shure. i have seen them at gun shows for about 400$ very light. can any one tell me about them.

Thanks
Old November 8, 1999, 01:57 AM   #3
Glock Raider

No Benelli makes the Nova and to my understanding HK no longer Imports the Benelli line I think Beretta owns Benelli now G.R. I am trying to get some info on the shotgun HK currently Imports

[This message has been edited by Glock Raider (edited November 08, 1999).]
Old November 8, 1999, 02:08 AM   #4
Bennett Richards

I have handled a FABARM pump. Outfitted very much like a Mossberg 590A1 with a heat shield etc. Better finishing than a Mossberg and good clean lines. I would still go with an 870 as it is a known quantity. On the Tactics-l list a gunsmith for a very busy range reported that he would see 1 870 in for repairs for every 10 Mossbergs. He was very strongly in favor of the 870 from a reliability standpoint. If you will not be using the weapon much then that factor is irrelevent.

Ben
Old November 8, 1999, 02:16 AM   #5
Glock Raider

Thanks Bennett, that is basically what I wanted to know what the Quality of the product is I have two semi-autos a S90 and a Beretta 1201 and am thinking of picking up a pump gun to replace my Ithica37 I sold G.R.
Old November 8, 1999, 06:40 AM   #6
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

GR, I'm retired from the Md Dept of Public Safety. For ten years or so I taught hundreds of Correctional Officers to shoot.

We used and use Remington 870s. Tower weapons take an incredible amount of abuse with little/no regular maintainance. Like the old and venerated Winchester 12s and 97s, the 870s just keep on working and working. Training weapons fire thousands of rounds per year, one there had been on the firing line from 1981 to 1998 AND may still be in service.

FYI, there's 4 870s here at Casa McC, including Daughter's 20 ga. One my father bought used around 1956, it must be one of the first off the assembly line. After at least 3000 rounds through it, it's tight and working fine. Zero repairs.

Get what you want, but if you do not consider the 870, you're doing several generations of your descendants and yourself a disservice....
Old November 8, 1999, 04:45 PM   #7
Beano

Glock Raider

Benelli is simply the best line of shotguns made. Hope Beretta doesn't screw with them.

The Nova is Benelli's new pump action shotgun. Have never used one but would think that they would be top quality. Check out benelliUSA. Don't know the exact address but a search will get you a direct hit.

Fabarm is another make of shotgun from the wonderful town of Brescia in Italy. It's a good gun too.Virtually everything that comes out of Brescia is quality.
Old November 8, 1999, 06:07 PM   #8
Glock Raider

Thanks for all the opinions G.R.