The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old January 25, 2013, 04:00 PM   #26
Rebel Dave

Theirs so little BP stuff at shows here its not worth going. Stuff is more expensive than new stuff in stores. The white House dosn't have to kill gun shows, the showes will kill them selves. I have a few .22 rifles and revolvers that I like to shoot also, but try finding ammo in .22 RF, you can't. I'm glad I have a HUGE pile right now.

Rebel Dave
Old January 27, 2013, 07:05 AM   #27
Doc Hoy

But the show in Norfolk ....

.....Was a little better.

It snowed about two to three inches and in SE VA that keeps a lot of folks indoors.

So the line to get into the show was only about 150 people.

NRA was there offering annual memberships or renewals for 25.00 plus a free ticket to the show.

I got there when the show opened and they still had some of the things I felt like I needed.

Got the last bag of .45 Long Colt brass. It was at online prices but I saved shipping.

Also bought some .357 reloads at 16.00 per fifty.

Bought some bullet boxes and some bore brushes.

Several tables were set up but empty implying to me that the snow caused problems for vendors as it did for shooters.

One of the two primary ammo dealers was there (Thats were I spent my allowance.)

I will continue to attend all the shows that are close to me. But I have learned not to expect much. I'll be glad when the anti-gun legislative process has ended and people get calmed down.
Old January 29, 2013, 05:13 AM   #28
wolfgaurd

new guy here... i live in hampton and i couldnt even get a parking place. just turned around and went to the range.
Old January 29, 2013, 07:06 AM   #29
Doc Hoy

Welcome Neighbor

One of my students, last night told me that when he went to the show, there was a fire marshall at the door who was turning folks away because the occupancy of the building would not support the attendance.

I drive from Chesapeake and spent almost as much time in the parking lot waiting for a space as I did driving to the show.

I can't gripe because I made the decision to go, knowing full well that attendaance would be high and the it was not likely that I would see anything I wanted.

The show at Scope was better.

I'll be going to VA Beach on 16/17. Hoping for the best.