The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old November 19, 2001, 06:23 PM   #1
Greg L

Jump to last page (almost)

Is there a way to change the display on the really large topics. On the Ms. topic over in L&P there are now 8 pages. The display on the main page will let you jump straight to pages 1-5 or the last page. Is there a way to include the second to last page # on that display (only show the first 4 pages and then the last 2?). The reason for this is that I don't always remember where I left off in reading the topic. By going to the second to last page I can usually find where I left off fairly quickly. If there have been a lot of posts since I last checked in it can take a while to figure it out by working backwards.

Obviously things are going fairly well if this is the biggest complaint that I can come up with.

Thanks,

Greg
Old November 19, 2001, 06:41 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

There is already a way to do what you want to do, Greg. Click on the blue arrow just to the left of a topic's title if it exists. That will take you to the first unread post in the topic. If there were no posts added since your last visit then there will be no blue arrow. That method, while not a perfect solution, is probably more accurate than what you suggested.
Old November 20, 2001, 12:33 PM   #3
Greg L

Thanks Mal,

That works well, I just scroll up a couple of posts past where I left off to remember what was going on.

A much easier solution than rewriting code.

Greg