The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 16, 2000, 10:22 AM   #1
makarov

I'm going to get a scope for my new Ruger MKII - went looking the other day saw a used Tasco 1x scope - was very clear and bright, but I was hoping to get a 2x - also had new Swift 2x pistol scopes for a decent price. Anyone have experience with Swift optics? Last question, does the mount that comes with the gun only work with the supplied rings? I was also looking at the BSA red dot scopes, but they come with their own rings, not sure if they would fit the Ruger base.

Thanks -
Old March 16, 2000, 05:00 PM   #2
Matt VDW

Only Ruger rings will work on Ruger bases. For about $30, you can buy a Clark scope base that will screw into the same holes used by the Ruger base and accept Weaver rings.
Old March 17, 2000, 02:15 PM   #3
quadcab

Makarov; go to www.larrysguns.com and pick out an ULTRADOT with its lifetime warrantee. Everyone uses them at my club. I have one on my S&W 41 and just put one on my S&W 617 just for fun. They are lightweight,come with rings,hood,polarizing lens and battery. Regards,Quadcab
Old March 17, 2000, 04:25 PM   #4
bk40

makarov,

I sold my Clark built MK II a couple of weeks ago, but I had much success with a Leupold 2xEER and a Aimpoint Comp XD 3moa red dot scope. Don't know about the Ultradot, but the Aimpoint is parallax free.

Good luck!

------------------
BKs Pistol Pages