The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 12, 2002, 03:11 AM   #1
jadams951

Need help with sling on Remington 870

Ok here's the problem. I've got a remington 870 marine magnum equipped with a side saddle carrier and a sure fire dedicated fore end light. I've also got on it a speed feed pistol grip stock. This shotgun I use for duty use. To allow the sure fire forend light to fit I had to take the support bracket that supports the barrel and magazine extension and modify it. That bracket has a small metal loop that swivels to hold a sling on it. Well, I was able to take the swivel off so the light would fit into the sure fire fore end. After doing that though I had no way to attach a sling on the front part of the shotgun. I recently bought a small afermarket accessory by wilson combat that attaches under the magazine cap. Does anyone know of a sling that will wrap around the speed feed stock and attach through the aftermarket sling attachment I have. I would love a giles tactical sling like I have on my ar15. If anyone knows what I am talking about and can help then please point me to some ideas. Thanks in advance for the help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shotgun2.jpg (89.9 KB, 201 views)
Old December 12, 2002, 03:49 AM   #2
Morpheus32

A number of companies make a sling to do just what you are asking for. Two that come to mind are CQB solutions and Blackhawk. I hav used the Blackhawk Swift sling on my 870 and ARs and been happy with them. They are over priced at full retail but you can find them at better prices from various discount places. The CQB solution slings appear to be the same style but are half the price. I am looking at one on ebay....great now you will bid against me! Just kidding.

I think there are other manufactures of a similar sling but I can not vouch for them. I am sure others will have some information. Hope this helps

Jeff
Old December 12, 2002, 04:37 AM   #3
sam3

the cqb will but you won't need your new attachment because it's already got one permanatly attached .