The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old March 24, 2006, 05:57 PM   #1
spacemanspiff

The Grandma situation

re: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...=183242&page=2 (thread is too old to reply to, wish i knew before i typed up a long post.)

try to make the long story short:
Grandma's medicaid (or medicare? i cant recall) ran out, and the aunt refused to do anything to find a new place or come up with funds to pay for the care.
Mom stepped in, and Grandma signed the Revocation of Power of Attorney, putting Mom back in the drivers seat. Grandma now knows the truth, and that the aunt lied like a bandit, not to mention taking $20,000 from Grandmas bank account.

the aunt and her husband have tried crying to Grandma for more money, to which she has refused, and has even asked them what happened to the $20,000 'missing' from her account. They couldn't backpedal fast enough.

Last night, someone broke the outer pane of the front window at Mom's home. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out who did it.

Guess its time to go back to daily carry and spend more time at Mom's.
Old March 24, 2006, 06:16 PM   #2
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry Spiff. I hope things work out for your grandma, and that you can keep her safe, but this isn't really applicable to tactics and training.

Closed.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Closed Thread