The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old January 8, 2001, 05:32 PM   #1
ERRainman

I ran across a Marlin lever action .32/20 today at a local dump of a pawn shop. I didn't take a long look, but it had been inexpertly refinished. The wood looked to be in very good condition. The serial # was 213xxx. He had a price tag of $800 on the rifle which seems awful high. Further inspection did prove that the hammer spring is missing and the interior is very dirty. I want to go back to take another look, but need to know approximate value. I'm beginning to look around at some other web sites to see if anything like it is currently for sale.

Any help appreciated. I know very little about the .32/20, but will be making a few phone calls to get some more info.

ERRainman
Old January 10, 2001, 08:10 AM   #2
Ned Roundtree

Poorly refinished or refinished at all detracts from it as collector gun. With parts missing, it can't even fall into the shooter only category. Assuming it has special smokeless barrel. But from your description, it sounds like it is a $250 +/- wall hanger at best. 32-20 was a very popular and common caliber in pistol and rifles at the time. Awful expensive wall hanger, I would leave it alone. My two cents.