The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old April 20, 2002, 10:44 PM   #1
Lucky 7

Mateba 6 Unica for IDPA??

I got my Mateba Autorevolver about 2 months ago and I the thing shoots great. Anyway, if I were to enter it in IDPA, what class would it be in? I've contacted IDPA but I haven't gotten answer back after nearly 2 weeks. Can anyone help me w/ this problem???
-PMI Sgt. Hopkins, USMC

Last edited by Lucky 7; April 22, 2002 at 08:07 PM.
Old April 21, 2002, 12:51 AM   #2
Navy joe

GAMER! I dunno, sounds fun. Welcome to TFL
Old April 21, 2002, 10:59 AM   #3
9x45

You would be in Stock Service Revolver, since this is not a magazine fed weapon, and there are no specific provisions against auto cycling wheelguns. Your first problem is to find a good quality holster, speed loaders and mag pouchs.

What are your split times on this gun?
Old April 22, 2002, 08:17 PM   #4
Lucky 7

Good point 9x45! As for your question:
I honestly haven't tried but I did manage to unload 6 rounds of .357 HydraShok in just over 3 secs. The gun handles great and the recoil is that of my PPK/S! The accuracy is great as well,something like 2.5 inches at 25 yds w/ a 4" barrel.
You're right with the holster and speedloaders. Those things are just impossible to find!
-PMI Sgt. Hopkins, USMC
Old April 23, 2002, 09:21 PM   #5
fishman

???????

what are split times?
thaniks
rich.
Old April 23, 2002, 09:33 PM   #6
9x45

Split times are the recorded times between each shot fired on a shot timer. A shot timer starts with an audible beep, as the clock starts, then each shot fired is recorded. When the shot timer is viewed or rewound, the split times are known as the time between each shot, after the initial draw first shot time.
Guesing at a time, or using a stopwatch, is just a ballpark estimate. The point here is that a wheelgun split times are controlled by the speed of the shooters trigger finger and the weight of the spinning cylinder. I really, really doubt that this auto revolver is faster than a conventional K frame S&W revolver.
Old April 27, 2002, 12:17 AM   #7
Lucky 7

9x45,
One thing that you gotta keep in mind is that the 6 Unica ISN'T a conventional S&W. It's a "high-tech" handgun and very compliacated machine. Besides it was just me and my buddy farting around, also, I never said I hit much. I just fired away.
-PMI Sgt. Hopkins, USMC