The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old December 6, 2000, 08:01 AM   #1
dreadnaught

Sure is quiet in here. I went to the Pungo Posse's shoot in Va Beach this weekend. had a good time. Didnt shoot too well for some reason but I did win the Pistol Poker and bought a handmade Bowie for my rig. Gotta like that.
Old December 6, 2000, 08:16 AM   #2
Gus~

Sounds like you had fun.

I'd like to get aquainted with CAS , are there any web sites or news letters that would have info on this.

Also, looking for a high riding holster (Duke's style) any ideas on where to get one.
Old December 6, 2000, 09:23 AM   #3
dreadnaught

I did have fun. I always do. Try http://www.sassnet.com. I cant remember the site for the other CAS group. As far as the holster goes, I'd start with El Paso Saddlery. I see "The Duke" holsters in magazines a lot. Maybe its a Bianchi? Blackhills Leather and Kirkpatrick($$$$$$$$$$$$$) might have a Duke holster. I know I've seen it somewhere.
Old December 6, 2000, 06:34 PM   #4
griz

I wanted to shoot that Saturday but had other plans. Did hey shoot the long range rifle side match that was in the flyer?
Old December 7, 2000, 08:22 AM   #5
dreadnaught

You shoot with the Pungo Posse, Griz? We had Pistol Poker and a Turkey Shoot as side matches. Badwater Bill was first overall if I remember right. Man, he is good. I won the pistol Poker, I dunno who won the Turkey Shoot(s). My cowboy name is Shay D. Character.
Old December 7, 2000, 10:00 AM   #6
Gus~

Thanks Shay D., I have seen those sites, still shopping around though.

From browsing around it seems that I've heard that there are
some groups who put on shows or re enactments of western shootouts etc.

That sounds like fun.
Old December 7, 2000, 04:02 PM   #7
griz

Yes Dreadnaught, I have shot there, only once so far but had a great time and will be back. Hunting season sort of consumes my Saturdays in Dec. Hope to see you there in January.
Old December 8, 2000, 07:44 AM   #8
dreadnaught

I do plan to be there in January. Drydock said we all will need to bring a knife to the shoot. If ya aint got one he said he was bringing a loaner. Hopefully mine will be in the mail from badwater Bill this weekend. Were gonna through Mr Knife at a hay bale or somethin. Sounds like fun. We had to stab a target with scissors last time. Everybody also had to shoot one of the targets Duelist style. Overall, a good shoot.