The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old January 21, 2002, 04:55 PM   #1
Mike11b

Taurus PT-145

Anyone having trouble with the PT-145. I bought mine in and have put 500 rounds through itwith no problems. This Saturday, I had my first failure: feeding problem. Locked slide back, dropped and re-inserted magazine, hit slide release. Fired one round, then the same thing. Stepped back from line and noticed that recoil guide was protruding from the slide about .5 of an inch. There were also two cracks in the polymer grip, left and right of the slide, at the beavertail. If anyone is having trouble, please respond with what you did to correct. I am calling Taurus USA now.
Old January 21, 2002, 05:08 PM   #2
Mike11b

I just called and spoke to a Jessy in Customer Service. She said I could ship the frame in and have it replaced. When I asked her if this was a problem across the model line, or if there were other complaints like mine, she said no. Smells funny to me.
Old January 22, 2002, 01:54 AM   #3
boing

Read this thread.

I'm beginning to dislike the way Taurus conducts their business.

Oh, and welcome to TFL.
Old January 22, 2002, 10:06 AM   #4
Mike11b

Thanks for the info. I went to one of the local gun shops, and explained the problem I was having. He said he sells 2-3 PT-145's a week!! He is a Kimber Master Dealer, and sold me on this product line. The 1911 was the first semi-auto I learned to shoot. Kimber's Compact line, while expensive, is what I'm looking for. I'll never make the "Blue Light Special" decision when looking for a concealed carry pistol. I got what I paid for.....

Thanks for the welcome. Much appreciated.