The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old February 22, 2007, 10:36 AM   #1
Ocraknife

Kel-Tec sub 2000 questions

Anyone have any experience with the Kel-Tec Sub 2000 rifle? I am looking for a fun pistol caliber carbine and the Kel-Tec seems like a cool little item. What do you all think about it?
Old February 22, 2007, 10:38 AM   #2
shappy0869

If you were not already aware of it, this site might help: http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=102
Old February 22, 2007, 10:01 PM   #3
kymasabe

I owned one for a while, 9mm Sub2K with glock mags. Was surprisingly accurate at 50 yards and alot of fun at the range. I added the 1" stock extension and the Kel-Tec sling and made the gun a little more user friendly. I wish there some way to reliablly mount a red-dot on the thing. There are some members at KTOG and KTRange that have fabricated one mount or another but no one makes a reliable S2K scope mount.
Otherwise, it's a great little gun. I prefer the Kel-Tec over the Hi-Point. Mine was extremely reliable. I used to buy 9mm reloads from Lancer Custom Ammo (now out of business I think), loose, by the case, 500 rounds to a can. I went thru literally thousands of rounds (of reloads no less) with that little gun without a single failure. Another nice thing about pistol-caliber carbines is that you can shoot them at indoor ranges.
Old February 23, 2007, 09:47 AM   #4
Te Anau

Theyre cool looking,they fold up and theyre just plain awesome.I own one that uses 5906 mags.