The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old August 27, 2010, 03:45 PM   #1
Adeodatus

ARs / Bullet Buttons

I live in California and I want an AR (custom build or whatever I can get my hands on)

Here I know that ARs need a bullet button to release the magazine so you can reload (yea i know. sucks major @$$ )

What I dont know is this also now a federal law? for all ARs? in all states?

Because here is my plan. I have a buddy that lives in Oregon and I am planning on giving him money to buy one or buy all the parts to make a custom one. Once built or purchased he will bring it here to California and I have a hookup that can do a transfer of ownership for cheap. (around $20 bucks im guessing. most other places charge around $70 to $100) That is how I plan on getting around it if it is different AR laws for different states.

I would love some input on this. Other Ideas. Anything will be helpful.

Winchester Model 43 .218 bee, Savage .22, Mossberg 17HMR, Beretta .22, S&W .357 Magnum, Ithaca 16-Gauge, Ruger Mini-14.
Old August 27, 2010, 04:24 PM   #2
Gary L. Griffiths

Quote:
I would love some input on this. Other Ideas.
Yeah.

Comply with the law. Even if it sucks.

And don't solicit other members to help you commit felonies.
Violence is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and valorous feeling which believes that nothing is worth violence is much worse. Those who have nothing for which they are willing to fight; nothing they care about more than their own craven apathy; are miserable creatures who have no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the valor of those better than themselves. Gary L. Griffiths (Paraphrasing John Stuart Mill)
Old August 27, 2010, 05:57 PM   #3
Mike Irwin
Staff

What Gary said.

Closed.

Oh, be sure to write us to let us know where to send the cake with the hacksaw in it.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Closed Thread