The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 22, 2012, 07:03 AM   #1
rebs

need a holster

I need a holster for my model 37. I am not sure if the polymer holsters will wear off the bluing, so I am thinking about a leather holster, inside the waist band model.

Which one do you guys recommend ?
Old October 22, 2012, 08:33 AM   #2
drail

The holster material is not what wears on the finish. The grit and dirt that comes off the fired gun and embeds itself inside the holster is what does that. After it builds up it is just like fine valve lapping compound. Keeping the holster clean will reduce finish wear but will not completely eliminate it. Kydex should be easier to clean and dry than leather. Leather will require a lot more work to clean and dry. If you want the finish to hold up over the years don't ever put it in a holster. On a gun that I plan to carry 24/7 I don't worry about the finish. It can be refinished. I suppose you have to decide if this is a working gun or a safe queen.
Old October 22, 2012, 11:08 PM   #3
TAKtical

I make IWB hybrids similar to the crossbreed. I recently got a mold for a j frame so I could do it if you are interested.
Due to several differences of opinion with staff, I am choosing to no longer do business on this forum. Everyone that has a pending order will need to contact me via email at [email protected] Thanks,
-Tom&Tricia