The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old January 6, 2002, 05:36 AM   #1
Hunter Rose

Location: 30 miles from Everywhere, right in the middle of Nowhere...
EMF Sharps 45-70: opinions?

Just got a new toy: EMF Sharps 45-70 heavy barrel. Now, I know this is acceptable for long-range side matches, but what kinda opinions do y'all have on it?

To me, it feels real nice. Will be trying it at the range tomorrow, but I figured I should ask and see if anyone out there has had any problems with one...
Old January 8, 2002, 12:39 PM   #2
fal308
Staff Alumnus

The newest Guns of the Old West magazine has an in-depth article on the EMF Sharps. Just picked up the magazine yesterday and haven't had a chance to read that particular article yet. After skimming over the article they seemed to like it though (what gun rag has ever seen a firearm they didn't like though:O )
Old January 10, 2002, 09:36 AM   #3
Schmit
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
but what kinda opinions do y'all have on it?
Don't have an EMF 45-70 but a Shiloh Sharps Long Range Express in .45-110 flavor.

When putting together the order they recommeded the following for long range shooting...

Long Range Tang Sight with Windage (vice the mid range sight)

Globe Front sight with Inserts. I'm currently thinking of changing this to a Globe Front w/inserts and spirit level for grins.

The long range tang give you greater adjustment for longer ranges in addition to windage adjustments and the globe w/inserts lets you change out the front sight when needed because of target size, lighting, etc).

"Notoriety is fleeting,
Anonymity is forever!"
Old January 13, 2002, 07:21 PM   #4
355sigfan

Hunter can I get a EMF with the creedmore sights? ALso how do you like the rifle? I want one. How much did it cost you. How nice does it look?

I am trying to see which one I should buy, Navy Arms, EMF or Cineron.
PAT
Old January 13, 2002, 10:52 PM   #5
Hunter Rose

Location: 30 miles from Everywhere, right in the middle of Nowhere...

Mine's pretty basic, with a rear ladder site. Hoping to add a tang site this summer. Shoots like a dream: 405 grain 45 with almost NO recoil!

Be shooting it more when it's warmer. Not sure if they have the same gun with Creedmore sites or not...