The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 18, 2008, 03:49 PM   #26
flashhole

I picked this up on eBay. I was not enamoured with either the impact or collet type pullers. This thing is great, I run the ammo up through the opening in the press, grab it, let the side of the puller set on the top of the press and lower the cartridge. Bullet comes out and can be reused with no problem.

Are you ready for civil war?
Old May 4, 2008, 05:28 PM   #27
totalloser

I'm sorry,

That thing is so cool, I think it deserves a bump. Just imagine, folks, not having to screw in the collet at all! Never have to switch collets either!
Old May 4, 2008, 06:18 PM   #28
Edward429451

I got tired of breaking hammer type pullers, the RCBS press mount works good...but not with lead boolits...so

made my own hammer type puller from 1/2" black (gas) pipe. A tee, some nipples, a couple caps, and a 1/2" union ftg for the top which will hold the original collets or shellholders and by god will never break!

It do swing like thors hammer though and can get heavy quick if you have a lot to pull. Bangs up boolits on the tee but not a problem for me as it just gets melted down and re cast.