The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old May 10, 2013, 05:39 AM   #1
dayman

Oh, the horror.

My wife wasn't satisfactorily sad, so I decided to post my story here.

I was perusing the local online classifieds - looking for a gun for her as a matter of fact - when I found it.
$300 for a LNIB 4" security six, a binachi holster, 2 speed loaders, and "a few boxes of ammo". Someone had bout it, but not used it, and didn;t want the hassle of taking it with them when they moved. I called just a couple hours after the add had gone up, but that was apparently about 1:55 too late.

So it was sad, but the silver lining is that it did show that there are still good deals out there - even in the middle of a buying craze.
Old May 10, 2013, 09:22 AM   #2
kcub

I was afraid this thread was going to have a picture of a bubba'ed up reg mag in camokote or something.
Old May 10, 2013, 10:13 AM   #3
BoogieMan

Quote:
I was afraid this thread was going to have a picture of a bubba'ed up reg mag in camokote or something
Like this beauty!!!!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Revolvers/BI.aspx
Your tactics suck"
- Unknown
Old May 10, 2013, 11:26 AM   #4
nanewt02

Unfortunately these deals only last a few minutes, you've got so many people interested, however I have found if I offer like 10 bucks extra, first come first serve doesn't apply nearly as much
Old May 10, 2013, 12:36 PM   #5
CharlieDeltaJuliet

I listed some CCI Blazer 525 round bulk .22lr packs on Armslist. I priced them for exactly what I paid, $16.99. They lasted about 7 minutes. I ended up with a case and just thought I would try to help someone out by selling a few of the bulk packs. The worst part was I changed the add to "SOLD PENDING FUNDS AND PICKUP". I probably got 30 more emails of people saying "I'll take em". When I replied that I was waiting on the first person who contacted me to drive the hour to get them, I had a few reply with sob stories and a couple even cussed me because they couldn't find it and would not pay other people's inflated prices... all because I was waiting on the gentleman to arrive to pay me and pick them up.....
..." - Thomas Jefferson
Old May 10, 2013, 05:46 PM   #6
shafter

Sounds like a good deal. I got a very good SS with a 4'' barrel and a Bianchi holster about a month ago for $330. I wasn't looking for one but really couldn't pass it up. Its a great shooter!
Old May 10, 2013, 08:49 PM   #7
AID_Admin

I saw two 4" S&W 66 in good condition on Armslist recently for $450 and $500 respectively the latter even included a holster... I think these are pretty good deals nowadays.
Old May 12, 2013, 08:41 PM   #8
S&W-Keeper

We feel your pain, this has probably happened to us all.
Old May 13, 2013, 06:16 PM   #9
AID_Admin

I just missed a 617-1 in excellent condition for $475 on the Armslist: sold in a few hours! Oh well, what I really wanted was model 17 anyway :-)