The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old October 25, 2012, 04:17 PM   #1
olmountain

Hi-Standard Sentinel link pivot pin removal

I raised this issue in the Revolver Forum but think it should have been here...sorry!

Trying to install the cylinder in a Sentinel R-101, I was unable to depress the "link pivot pin" (PN #7140) to slip the "crane assembly" into place. I tapped lightly on a punch to free up the pin, but not lightly enough because it not only freed up --- it slid all the way back into the frame and is now stuck there.

I have a fair background in automotive mechanical work but guns are new to me, so I'm afraid it may be time for professional attention. But first... any advice?
Old October 25, 2012, 04:31 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

Take the gun in hand (make sure the pivot pin hole is clear) and whack the end of the barrel on the bench or a solid block of wood. The pivot pin should come out.

When re-assembling those guns, make sure the pivot pin spring fits over the projection on the cylinder stop before slipping the pivot pin over the spring. If the spring gets between the cylinder stop and the frame, the gun won't go together.

Jim