The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old July 23, 2009, 12:55 PM   #1
Hellbilly5000

Usps

I mailed a package for the pif to another member (brass) and I got it back a week or so later saying it was an undeliverable address so I emailed recomfirmed the address remailed got it back again
Hopefully ups and the 3rd time is the charm
Old July 23, 2009, 06:01 PM   #2
hoytinak

I mailed a package from Amarillo, TX to Houston, TX USPS Priority (which should take 2 days) and he didn't get it for 3 weeks. Plus the only scan that was on the delivery confirmation number was the "acceptence" scan where I mailed it.

Then recently, a guy mailed me a USPS MO on the 13th and I just got it yesterday and again the only scan was the "acceptence" scan where he mailed it.

No telling where they were at between getting mailed and delivery.
Old July 23, 2009, 06:34 PM   #3
w_houle

Quote:
Then recently, a guy mailed me a USPS MO on the 13th and I just got it yesterday and again the only scan was the "acceptence" scan where he mailed it.
I didn't do bad on the last two packages sent, but before that I had this problem. I don't like having to fork over cash to not effectively track a package, but the number makes people feel slightly better; as it is proof that something went in the mail
Old August 20, 2009, 12:46 PM   #4
senior
Member In Memoriam

usps

postal service has never shown progress on their mail, just a statement of drop off and next u hear is delivery, packages ,letters, u name it.
Old August 22, 2009, 10:44 PM   #5
GringoGrande

Just so you know, USPS/USPO Confirmation is NOT a tracking service, it is ONLY a confirmation of something sent and received. Post office does have available a tracking service on overnight/express mail though.

UPS/FedEx does have tracking on all packages though.
Old August 23, 2009, 11:08 AM   #6
Mal H
Staff

Sorry guys, but a thread enumerating the inefficiencies of UPS, the USPS, and FedEx would soon take over the entire TFL database. Let's use this forum for reports, good and bad, of firearm related companies and TFL members only.

Closed.
Closed Thread