The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old January 29, 2005, 01:15 PM   #1
goosevr1

Can I buy a Glock 18C w/ a Class III?

As a PA resident with a Class III, is it POSSIBLE to get a Glock 18C in my hands? Lets assume cost weren't an issue.
Old January 29, 2005, 01:35 PM   #2
grey_pilgrim

If you are a class III SOT, then if you have a leo/military demo letter then you could get one. (There's one on sturmgwehr right now).

Keep in mind that most people who own class III (title II) firearms are not class III SOT's, but just people who fill out the forms, get the law enforcement signoff, and send the paperwork to the atf. So unless you want to deal in class 3 weaponry, then no, you will probably not be able to get a glock 18 (although there are rumors of fully transferable g-18's out there.

Or that's my understanding of the law.
Old January 29, 2005, 03:05 PM   #3
shaggy

Grey_Pilgrim is essentially correct - unless you plan to become a dealer or a manufacturer, your chances of getting a G18 are slim to nil. I have heard rumors that there are one or two transferable G18's (aftermarket conversions, not original factory G18 guns), but if you're lucky enough to find one of those, I'm sure the cost would be almost prohibitive (think $30k, if not much more)

There are a handful of transferable Beretta 93R's out there (built IIRC by Tim Bixler on Taurus frames) and IIRC the last price I saw on one was over $20k.