The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 24, 2009, 10:22 PM   #1
mberman09

A choke that fits my gun?

I have an American Arms O/U shotgun, I'm trying to buy more chokes for my gun, Cabelas does not carry what I need. I'm looking for a sporting clays skeet choke. I looked online and found some on the Carlson's choke tubes website, but they don't look like they would fit my gun. The threadings look like they are at the wrong end of the choke tube, any word on this?
Old October 24, 2009, 10:30 PM   #2
Christchild

While I'm NOT familiar with American Arms, if they're still an operational company, I'd contact them and see if there are any popular brands of Choke that are available, that would fit properly. Tomorrow is Monday, and they should be open, if they're operational.

Or, I'd contact a 'Smith and ask.

But, with the amount of Experience of alot of those on this Forum, You may get a solid, timely answer. Good Luck.
Old October 24, 2009, 10:32 PM   #3
rantingredneck

Try Numrich. American Arms is out of business so you're not going to find parts on the new market.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/model_new.asp?catID=8550

Look there ^ for a list of models and pick yours from the list. Maybe they have the chokes you need. If you don't see it on their website, it's still worth a phone call to check.

PCCA Member (What's PCCA you ask? <- Check the link)
Old October 24, 2009, 10:51 PM   #4
mberman09

Went to the site, thanks, but I didn't see a skeet choke and thats what I'm needing...
Old October 24, 2009, 10:52 PM   #5
LHB1

You might check with Briley Arms. American Arms isn't listed on their website but they are leading experts in the shotgun/choke field and may be able to help you. It is highly possible that another brand of chokes will fit your gun as multiple brands often share a common brand of chokes. http://www.briley.com/
1- 800-331-5718
Old October 24, 2009, 11:02 PM   #6
mberman09

Ok so I found a skeet choke on the briley website, but does anybody know if this fits American Arms shotguns for sure?
Old October 24, 2009, 11:18 PM   #7
LHB1

Quote: "Ok so I found a skeet choke on the briley website, but does anybody know if this fits American Arms shotguns for sure? "

THAT is what you need to ask the experts at Briley. They make many different chokes for many different shotguns. Perhaps they can tell you which model/version will fit your shotgun.
Old October 25, 2009, 08:16 AM   #8
rantingredneck

Quote:
Went to the site, thanks, but I didn't see a skeet choke and thats what I'm needing...
Numrich's 1-800 number is on their site. Make a call tomorrow and ask. Often they have parts not on the site.

PCCA Member (What's PCCA you ask? <- Check the link)