The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 14, 2008, 09:00 PM   #1
chris in va

Ordered my CompTac paddle holster

Just placed it last night, today I got a message saying it was shipped out. I can't wait, my Sig 220 will have a new home soon. A report will follow soon as I get it.
Old October 15, 2008, 12:01 AM   #2
sholling

They make good stuff.
Old October 18, 2008, 11:31 AM   #3
chris in va

All told from placing the order to getting it in my mailbox took 3 days. And that's from TX to VA.

It's a very well made holster. The gun fits perfectly with zero slop and clicks in and out like a switch. The inner face is glossy smooth. Two retention screws but they're set up perfectly from the factory.

The belt hooks are an interesting feature and the main reason why I bought this one. If you get them stuffed under the belt behind the pants, they lock in pretty well and prevent the holster from rocking. It's custom made so you have to give them your belt width, otherwise they won't function properly.

It rides pretty close to the body. I asked in the 'comments' section if they could somehow make it closer than the garden variety paddles they put out, but didn't get an affirmative just the holster and a 'thank you' letter. Either way it rides about an inch away from my love handles...

Being a Virgo and all , I have to nitpick *something*. The paddle itself isn't all that comfortable and is fairly small. Maybe I'm shaped weird but I find I'm shifting the holster around a lot. Also could be attributed to my worn out gun belt, so in all fairness might just be an equipment malfunction on my part. But I will say the paddle on my SERPA is much larger.

So there it is. Nice holster, I'd rate it about a 7.
Old October 26, 2008, 01:15 PM   #4
Don Gwinn
Staff Emeritus

The SERPA paddle is huge, and I like the way it rides, but the hooks are in there for good and they hang on for dear life. It's a hassle to get the thing off without going somewhere to undo the belt and open the pants; you have to push it down and spread the pieces of the paddle apart at the same time.

Is the Comp-Tac any easier in that regard?
Old October 26, 2008, 07:40 PM   #5
Shane Tuttle
Staff

I bought a Comp-Tac for my wife's HK P30. She used it quite a bit during a gun course we attended earlier this year. She also likes using it for range practice. The gun has literally no wear due to holster use. And, I do like the way they have the adjustment screws set up. It's simple, but the K.I.S.S. method is sometimes the best...

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old October 27, 2008, 12:50 PM   #6
TDR911

Comp-Tac is a great company. I used a c-tac holster for a while but the long belt loops dug in when I was sitting. I now use a Pro undercover. I can rotate a slight amount so when I sit in different positions it can adjust and is more comfortable.

www.TDR911.com