The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 11, 2013, 12:52 PM   #1
Wyoredman

Beretta 92G

Hello all. I have been looking for a Beretta 92 for some time and all the new A1 and FS models seem to be on backorder. I have located a used 92G model in a local pawn shop and the guy is asking $450. He said the gun is a police trade in from the east coast. It has some holster wear but seems to be in decent shape.

What do you Beretta guys think about the price? Is $450 decent for a used police 92G?

Thanks.
Old January 11, 2013, 01:12 PM   #2
Mr_Jumper

If you look at beretta forums, you can get general idea about what these pistols are going for.. just remember that it has no manual safety, it's decocker only model. Some prefer that way, but ultimately it's up to you to feel how comfortable you are with that.

Personally I think it's good price if in good-excellent shape.
Old January 11, 2013, 03:11 PM   #3
lamarw

The 92G was sold to law enforcement only, and the Blue Book states it is valued slightly higher than the 92FS.

It is hard to say without seeing the pistol, but a 92FS in 70 to 80% condition is valued at $300.00 to $330.00.

As I mentioned in another tread, I have no idea what the recent turmoil is doing to higher capacity pistols prices.

You might want to counter with the above $ numbers. Good LUCK with it.
Old January 11, 2013, 03:18 PM   #4
Wyoredman

Well, It isn't in "excellent" shape, but I bought it anyway.

Shows some wear on the slide and barrel and rear grip strap.

Only had 1 mag It says "Made in United States of America", I thought the G's were made in Italy?

What ya think?
Old January 11, 2013, 04:45 PM   #5
lamarw

Congrats and Enjoy~ You scored a nice looking pistol, and it should serve you well for a lifetime.

Now for a couple of more mags and a nice holster. I have a Kramer IWB in horse hide for my 92.
Old January 12, 2013, 07:09 PM   #6
ClydeFrog

Olhasso.com , Trijicon HD sights, Robar-Bearcoat...

I'd buy it. Beretta duty models are robust, well made sidearms. I've owned 2 96Ds & a NIB PX4 C format 9x19mm with no issues.
I'd buy it & have it checked over by David Olhasso; www.olhasso.com . He's a target shooter & well known for 96/92 series pistols.
Robar NP3+ or maybe Bearcoat, www.bearcoat.com could be a good add-on(get a few Beretta carry mags treated too). It's a good value.
3 dot night sights like Trijicon HD are worth it for a duty/carry Beretta.

Clyde