The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 15, 2008, 11:00 AM   #1
Malexander

Surefire 6p

So, I've wanted a Surefire 6p for a year or so now but never felt I could justify forking over £60 ($100) for a flashlight when I already own 3 different Magilites (2xAA, 1x4D). But recently I came into some cash and finally, almost on a whim, ordered one.

Well, it arrived today and I have to say that although it's one of the ugliest things I've ever bought, it's also the best flashlight I've ever handled. It's light, easy to use, well thought through, almost scarily bright and built like a tank.

Although my usage of it will (hopefully) be limited to being able to see stuff in the dark I'm confident, given it's massive light output that it would make a handy self defense tool in a pinch; blind your assailant, kick him in the nads and run or something similar.

Now all I need is a holster, spare batteries and for my country to legalize handguns...
Old October 15, 2008, 11:51 AM   #2
Chipperman

My only "tactical light" is a 6P. I've had it for several years now. Built like a tank. I love it.

Yeah, it's ugly, but I didn't buy it for beauty. Anyway, nobody can see it while it's concealed. I probably use it 4-6 times a day, literally.

It's part of my Utility Belt, along with gun, Multitool, mag, knives, cell phone. Don't leave home without it.
Old October 15, 2008, 12:26 PM   #3
Malexander

I carry a flashlight and leatherman with me constantly, literally never without them. I'd say I use both of the above items 5times or more a day on average. It's one of those thing that you don't realize how useful something it until you have it around enough to actually use it.

I would carry a gun, but as it is it's highly illegal. Though at the moment it looks like I might not be allowed to carry a leatherman for much longer without getting lifted.
Old October 15, 2008, 02:13 PM   #4
teeroux

Shipping cost sucks I just bought one for my brother as a graduation present from police training acadamy and paid a hair over $60 with tax.