The Firing Line Forums
Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > S.W.A.T. Magazine

Old April 7, 2008, 11:00 PM   #1
CGSteve8718

Thank you Stewart Rhodes

I just want to emphatically thank Mr. Rhodes for the very well written articles about using discretion and refusing to follow any unconstitutional or immoral laws directed at military and LE personnel while conducting their duties.

Without opening that familiar can of worms, it was the most straighforward way of basically saying that it is not only OK to do so, but it is indeed part of duty to refuse to obey orders, and legislation that violates natural law, and the Constitution of this country (easier said than done for sure...).

I just hope that they reached the supposed target audience of law enforcement agents and administrators and those that have read it took it to heart.
Old April 10, 2008, 05:44 PM   #2
Stewart Rhodes

CGSteve,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm glad you liked those articles. Like you, I hope that message, whether delivered by me or by others, reaches those who swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution and prompts them to take that oath to heart as their first duty. I firmly believe that the very fate of our republic may turn on it.

Have you seen the NRA documentary on the gun confiscation during Katrina? A shameful example of police and Guardmen "just following orders" - the illegitimate, unconstitutional orders of a contemptible anti-gun politician. It is very much worth watching, though it will make you boiling mad.

http://www.nraila.org/Multimedia/MMP...et.aspx?ID=105

A short clip from it is also up on Youtube, and I found the public comments expressing outrage to be encouraging.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4

Perhaps my article should have simply asked if readers would have followed those orders had they been on duty there during Katrina.

For Liberty,

Stewart Rhodes
Old April 11, 2008, 03:58 PM   #3
CGSteve8718

Yes, I have seen that in all its "glory". I have also seen protests and demonstrations of Britons over the loss of their rights.

Thanks for signing up just to respond!
Old April 13, 2008, 04:53 AM   #4
Stewart Rhodes

Quote:
I have also seen protests and demonstrations of Britons over the loss of their rights.
And perhaps that is why they "lost" those rights - both they and the gun-grabbers knew all along that all they would ever do is protest and demonstrate. Not much of a disincentive. Enough said. We'll see if we do any better when and if The Day comes.

Quote:
Thanks for signing up just to respond!
Don't mention it. You just gave me a good excuse. Now let's see if I can stay out of trouble.

Best,

Stewart