The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old October 31, 2010, 06:21 PM   #676
Bill77

Newby

Hi TFL,
I am new to the site.I have questions on a rifle I have.I have pic's as well..I am hoping you all could help me,Just as soon as I figure out where...lol
Old October 31, 2010, 07:23 PM   #677
DanGTP

New guy here.

Hey all at TFL! My name's Dan, and I'm from Fayetteville, AR and am attending the University of Arkansas for Mechanical Engineering. I'm more of a car and electronics guy than I am a gun guy, but the guns are growing on me.
Old November 4, 2010, 07:44 PM   #678
Dolsak

This post is a bit overdue.

Hello all! I am the entity known as Dolsak!

I'm new to the world of firearms and marksmanship, and relatively new to The World in general! (Late teens)

I'm going to ask a LOT of questions, and some of them may seem stupid at times, but I thank y'all in advance for any responses you give.

I'm looking forward to enjoying the TFL community.
Old November 4, 2010, 08:08 PM   #679
JBial

Hello everyone. I'm enjoying the knowledge and helpfulness of this site. I've just recently gotten interested in firearms. My dad was a gun nut while growing up in NJ but I never really cared for it. Since his passing a couple of years ago I've recently been infatuated with gun ownership. Living in Virginia I have taken advantage of their gun friendly laws and got my ccw permit and have been on a buying frenzy as of late. I've picked up a few nice rifles, shotgun, and handgun. I'm always looking forward to my next purchase much to my wifes chagrin. After years of playing around with owning fancy 18 wheelers I have now found a more enjoyable hobby. Looking forward to learning a lot more about all firearms.
Old November 4, 2010, 10:11 PM   #680
24/7FLA

Can't even remember if I've posted an intro or not! Gun enthusiast from west central Florida. Just returning to shooting from a long absence. Currently I have a Taurus 24/7 pro .40, a 24/7 pro c ds in 9mm (pink frame, for my wife), and an HK USPc .45...Next on the agenda are a couple good shotguns for sporting clays for my wife and I...Enjoy the forum, plenty of good info!
Old November 5, 2010, 09:09 PM   #681
L2R

Allow me to introduce myself

I have been a gun owner for over 30 years.

I lost my place to hunt about 3 years ago. Even in NC, gun ranges and good hunting land are hard to find. A public outdoor range closed this year and so I just stopped shooting last spring.

I don't particularly like indoor ranges but I went to one last week, not too far from work, and signed up. Felt good to get a few rounds off. So now I am re energized.

So, here I am thinking about reloading (never done that before) and maybe another handgun. I am comfortable with this type forum and will look around before I ask the same questions asked before. I am a tool and die maker so I am not shy around machines but I don't plan to buy or reload until I understand it fully.

I look forward to hearing what is current what the experts have to say on various subjects.
Old November 6, 2010, 11:43 PM   #682
xzqzq

Hi, all. I like almost anything that puts a projectile downrange....airguns, muzzle-loaders, bows, center-fires.... been into black powder for @ 25 years...just started casting & reloading.... trying to figure the whole business out...
Old November 8, 2010, 02:10 PM   #683
merwin61

New to TFL

Hello to all - Getting back into shooting after a while being out of the loop. First finding out that finding a barrel to a 1951 Browning A5 12 gauge, 2 3\4 in. chamber capable of using steel shot is not an easy find! Same for my 1947 Ithica Model 37 12 gauge.....how times have changed!
Old November 9, 2010, 06:59 PM   #684
sh00tn butt

Hello from Eastern NC

i am a paper puncher, CCW holder, shoot just pistols .. have a few .. favorite is G19 and my carry .. just me and my buddy "George the wonder dog" .. we live in a "metal tent" with a motor .. used to travel a lot .. now we have settled here (for now) .. never ask me a question you don't want to hear a truthful answer too! .. too dang old to lie .. too old to fight, too crippled to fight .. sooo guess what choice do i have left? ..
Old November 9, 2010, 10:12 PM   #685
dynamis13

New shooter

Just started my collection with a shotgun smooth bore and rifled barrel, looking forward to getting a rifle and revolver. Loved the site and information so I joined. Beginning to shoot again, haven't done alot since my dad taught me how to shoot so I am getting back into the flow of things. Going hunting for the first time this year. I suppose that is all related to my shooting experience.

Dynamis13
Old November 15, 2010, 07:24 AM   #686
thechamp

Been a lurker for a while... signed up over the summer and now im posting a bit.

Have a decent collection... rifles, pistols, shotguns, etc. Enjoy firearms quite a bit. Dunno what else to say.
Old November 15, 2010, 10:09 AM   #687
boredom

new gun owner, although ive been shooting for almost 6 years now. located in NC, with a glock. hoping to expand my collection very soon.
Old November 15, 2010, 06:15 PM   #688
MelvinoelGreat

Hello, I am Melvin. I am new here, just saying hey, my friends.
Old November 16, 2010, 02:16 AM   #689
asharpshooter

Hello from southeast Texas.
Old November 16, 2010, 08:20 PM   #690
bege

Return to cc

New member to this forum. Had permit ~20yrs ago in NOLA...gave up sidearm for chainsaw when I moved to the forest, although still hunted. Now have new parttime career in retirement, reactivated CC because will have much more travel.
Old November 17, 2010, 10:26 AM   #691
S. Fisher

Hello, from the interior of Alaska. I Have been a firearms enthusiast since my father introduced them to me at the age of five. Granted it was only a red rider bb gun, but it was love at first shot. By the time I was eight, I graduated to a Marlin lever action 22, and it been snowballing ever since.

I also have a passion for history, reloading, and Carpentry.
Every child in America should be acquainted with his own country. He should read books that furnish him with ideas that will be useful to him in life and practice. As soon as he opens his lips, he should rehearse the history of his own country.
Noah Webster, 1788
Old November 17, 2010, 10:47 AM   #692
JohnBC

John

Hello. I am new to the forum. I am 56 yrs. old have 30 yrs. in law enforcement Ohio. I am interested in ww2 militaria.
Old November 17, 2010, 10:53 AM   #693
elmata

I'm not new to TFL just a new poster I have been reading here quite a while lots of good info thanks.
Old November 17, 2010, 10:03 PM   #694
CooCoo

Hello thanks for having me, looks like a good place to get some straight answers
Old November 21, 2010, 04:49 PM   #695
Yossarian.22

Just signed on.

Hi:

I'm a new member and new shooter (rifles) - although I have shot a little in the military, with friends (who own firearms), and airguns.
Spent many years in states that made it difficult to own and use firearms (now in Idaho - great state for shooters).

Right now my wife (also a new shooter) and I are building our skills with a beautiful Marlin 981TS .22LR - and enjoying every minute of it.
Not a soda can for miles that we don't strike fear into.

Looking into something like a Browning Lightweight Stalker or Ruger Mini-14 in about a year (can't decide).

Got a lot to learn but trying to be careful and patient.

Hope to talk to many of you in the future.

-JOHN
Old November 21, 2010, 06:44 PM   #696
mathcarver

Nylon 66

Oldest son has a Nylon 66. He has taken it apart and somehow has lost the safety and I have insisted that he get it fixed before allowing his daughter to fire it. I have a parts list I got off of this site but I am not sure what parts I need because havnt taken it apart yet and also dont nowhere to order parts from. Can someone here give me some guidance. Thanks in advance, mathcarver

[You should post this in the Smithy forum or the Art of the Rifle forum, mathcarver. - Bud Helms]
Old November 21, 2010, 08:03 PM   #697
deathrider

a Virginia newbie

Hello to all at TFL, I been around guns all my life, I remember when all rifles were larger than me.

my name here is my CB handle. the site wouldnt let me use my normal handlle I use on the computer, so I tried this, my CB handle came from my teenage years of me street racing. both cars & motorcycle, I am suprised I never crashed, people called me "deathrider" so I used it for a CB handle, & been using it every since.

I am from mountains of Virginia

Later,
Randy
Old November 21, 2010, 09:10 PM   #698
KBP75

New member but not new to hunting and shooting

Hi to all! Just found this forum and I couldn't be happier. The collective knowledge and information on this forum is amazing! I look forward to spending many cold winter evenings in my Northcentral PA home on this forum! Generally speaking, TV stinks!
Old November 21, 2010, 10:47 PM   #699
James360

Hi all, I'm James and I'm the new guy.
I'm new to shooting and I picked up a couple handguns over the summer. I got a new Ruger Mk III for plinking and a used Glock 19 cuz I couldn't pass it up for $300. Between those two purchases, saftey equiptment and ammo I'm in it for about 1K so far. Having fun and learning along the way.
Old November 21, 2010, 11:18 PM   #700
Samuel2011

Hi! New/Old member here, formerly Samuel2001.
Moved a couple of years back and stopped visiting the site. Had to re-up and ended up getting a new handle (Could not remember paswords and had new e-mail addy).

Hope to start postoing again pretty soon!

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent