The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 8, 2012, 03:07 PM   #1
steven07

Talon Holsters

Has anyone purchased a holster from these guys and if so how did it work??? how was your experience with them??? Recently replaced my carry gun with the Kahr PM40 and I am looking for a new IWB for it. carry to much in my pockets to have to designate one of them to a holster so im looking for something comfortable at 3:00. Any suggestions???
Old November 11, 2012, 12:42 AM   #2
MLeake

If you mean Talon Tactical, I own a few. The owner of the company is a friend of mine, and was the RO for our local IDPA club where I used to live. He's a good guy, and he makes straightforward IWB and OWB kydex.

I had one of his holsters for a PPQ (sold the gun and holster as a package a few months back), and a PX4 .40 (sold that gun and holster as another package... we're expecting a baby so I'm culling the herd for baby funds); and I still have one for a full-size 1911. (Georgia Heat IWB)

I'm currently wearing one of his rigger belts. Urethane reinforced nylon; light and thin, but minimal flex and makes a comfortable gun belt.
Old November 12, 2012, 09:39 PM   #3
steven07

I am pretty sure I am going to go with the Talon IWB but I am still looking for some other suggestions. In the past I have carried a sig P238 and later a ruger LCR with High Noon IWB holsters but both have felt a little to thick and I am currently looking for something a little thinner and more comfortable... even considered kydex but again just looking for suggestions so please keep them coming.