The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old November 12, 2009, 10:58 PM   #1
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

lil' miss.h-dogs...

Well fer cryin out loud Moses! Junior gave "sissy" a cell call and asked if she would come up to the "hunt club" and I told her i knew how to get there... Once there we got her to try a buddy's 12 gauge auto loader on the turkey shoot line... Girl wouldn't even try my pellet rifle and was fat, dumb and happy with the .22 for yard wolves (bunny rabbits) and that is the extent of her gunning. Well her first try had her "mount" nearly in the right spot (she gets freaked out with instruction) and for her second me and the gun owner told her to draw it in tighter but she mounted outboard a bit... Her shoulder is a bit tender tonite but we broke the ice and I think may have put a candy chew in her jaw and my "abusive" 20 will be easier to swallow Sure dang hope so cuz that $6 for 2 tries needs some back up...
Brent
Old November 13, 2009, 06:18 PM   #2
SKULLANDCROSSBONES65

G'day.
Any chance of an un-coded version.
Old November 13, 2009, 08:10 PM   #3
reloader28

SKULL.....thats funny,but I agree! I'm a proud redneck but I had to read it 3 times myself. HA HA!
Old November 13, 2009, 10:07 PM   #4
castnblast

LOL!!! ok. Now tell us in english!
Old November 14, 2009, 12:46 AM   #5
Scorch

Excuse me, I can help. I speak South American.

So he sez he got sissy to cmon out an' give 'er a go witha twev gaij.

Oh, sorry, I just kind of lapsed into it. They got his girl to come out and shoot, and she tried a 12 ga shotgun even though all she's ever shot was a 22. She doesn't take coaching well, so she got the butt of the shotgun too far out on her shoulder instead of in tight. Now her shoulder's sore, but Brent thinks she likes shooting shotguns and maybe she'll try his 20 ga next.

Shonuf!
Old November 14, 2009, 07:05 AM   #6
Uncle Buck

LMBO! Scorch, you have a new occupation, translating! Hope she enjoys shooting Hogdogs... But watch out, most of these women, once they start shooting seem to give you a run for your money and are darn good at it.
Old November 14, 2009, 08:17 AM   #7
globemaster3

All yall uppity city folk. You caint tell wa da feller from LA is tryin to say?
Yo hog, godda push dem dere buttins slower, dey read bout fast as uh gopher turtle.

And Brent, don't try to deny it, you DO live in LA, flat skippy! Couldn't help but come to the assistance of a fellow FL bubba! Good thing ya'll talk like we do down in the swamps. I understood you just fine!
Old November 14, 2009, 08:22 AM   #8
shortwave

When they stop funnin ya H`dogs, ya know they don`t like ya anymore. Anyway, glad the Mrs. is getting into shooting. Mine suprised me the other night(keep minds out of gutter and let me finish). We where watching a pheasant hunting show taped in South Dakota and she stated "she thought she would enjoy that". Little does she know, thats a trip I`ve been wanting to do all my life. The plotting begins....
Old November 14, 2009, 08:31 AM   #9
DRice.72

quote:
LMBO! Scorch, you have a new occupation, translating! Hope she enjoys shooting Hogdogs... But watch out, most of these women, once they start shooting seem to give you a run for your money and are darn good at it.

Well maybe not shooting hogdogs. But some other kind of Fla wild game...LOL
Old November 14, 2009, 01:05 PM   #10
Uncle Buck

Yeah, What DRice said. I was laughing so hard I forgotto ad "...shooting, Hogdogs..." Them comma's is 'portent in communicasions.
Old November 15, 2009, 09:38 AM   #11
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Yeah I coulda waited til mornin' to post that... as this "turkey shoot" is a "social event" My daughter hasn't asked to shoot again yet but sure wasn't whining the next day...
Brent
Old November 15, 2009, 10:25 AM   #12
ZeroJunk

You can figure where I'm from cause I didn't have any trouble with it the first time.

Hope she had fun Brent.