The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old August 30, 2009, 06:26 PM   #1
Field

ipsc match 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVvaMg0GvnE

didnt do too bad on any of the stages other than maybe one of them where your shooting dudes from inside this house like i forgot there were 4 rooms not 3 so i didnt shoot at 2 of the targets and that totally destroyed my score but...

i was definitely going to get another mag and just shoot production i think it would be a good idea.
Old August 30, 2009, 09:12 PM   #2
Snow Dog

You've been practising - steel is not so imtimidating now, is it! On the stage with the wall in front of you - I take it you had to start with your hands on the barricade. However, after the timer starts you can move back a bit (I didn't get a good look but it seems to me the fault lines extended back a bit). On your transfer/reload it looks like you were crowding the wall - a half step backwards may have given you some more elbow room. Also, check out how the top shooters do their reloads. They will drop the mag, bring the gun to eye level and roll the gun over so they are looking straight into the magwell. At the same time they are also grabbing a fresh mag from their belt and placing the index finger on the top bullet. Then they will shove it home with a firm smack. It looked to me like you were holding the gun straight up and pushing the mag in blind. It's too easy to fumble the reload that way or not get the mag seated in tightly. It sucks to do a reload, fire the first shot and have the full mag fall out of your gun and onto your toes - don't ask me how I know this!
Old August 31, 2009, 01:18 AM   #3
Field

yeah i felt the same way like i should have stepped back from the wall a little bit more.
Old August 31, 2009, 01:28 AM   #4
Field

wow i got the match results back i actually placed 2nd out of 21 in that first stage in the video. but then eh got 8th on the second one. then 5th, another 5th but then the last stage really broke my overall score because it was this wood house type of deal and i forgot to go into all 4 rooms so i didnt engage 2 targets and then i think i hit a hostage so i got 16th on that one that was pretty retarded