The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 30, 2005, 02:12 PM   #1
swipter

Cylinder choke recommendation for AL 391

I am thinking about getting a cylinder choke for the Beretta AL 391. What do you recommend? I was told by someone that they recommend that for trap and skeet on that gun. Any opinions are appreciated.

Thanks
Old December 30, 2005, 11:51 PM   #2
David Berkowitz

The choke you select will be based on what you want to do. It controls the amount of restriction you have when the shot leaves the barrel.
A cylinder choke is wide open and is fine for skeet, but it is too open for trap and almost all hunting situations.
I like Modified with 1 1/8 oz of shot for trap but some people insist on full choke. There are also interim level between cylinder (or open) and modified and between modified and full. there is also extra full.
Check outy what really good shooters use and copy them. That sounds like a copout, but it is practical.

You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Old December 31, 2005, 03:02 AM   #3
InSoMNiaX23

Briley has a good chart on their website.......It can be found at http://www.briley.com/images/chokech...ide.jpg....let me try to copy it over here.....hope it helps.