The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old January 12, 2011, 08:27 PM   #1
bbf12

army discharge/prosecution.

Can someone get a dishonorable discharge for:
being an nco recruiter in the guard and having sex with a person whom is not military but did meet them in a recruiting situation and have this sexual conduct in in a government building, lying on a sworn statement about the case, and telling the other party involved to lie on their statement, and also be talking to the other person while an investigation is underway? is it likely that tis person will be court marshaled and be recieving a dishonorable or is it more likely that this person will either be stripped of rank and sent to a different mos, or stay in recruiting but at a different location. i would really like to know what course of action is the one that is most likely to be taken.
Old January 12, 2011, 08:40 PM   #2
ohen cepel

Welcome. Interesting first post.

I'm not a lawyer, but I think any/all of those options (plus some that we haven't thought of) could happen to the NCO.

Really depends on the command and how bad they want to fry them. Court Martials are something that most commands don't really want to do if they can avoid them. However, if he insists on one, which is his option if he doesn't like the Field Grade Article 15 he will likely get than it may go there.

The command will more than likely just want the person gone, so they could bust him and put a bar to re-enlistment on him so his career is done. Gets him out of their hair and punishes him for his lack of integrity.

Again though, too many unknowns to really say.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
Old January 12, 2011, 09:16 PM   #3
Glenn Dee

I'm not sure how this is firearms related... I doubt this thread will last very long. I strongly suggest you ask these questions in a military or legal forum.

If I read you correctly... a recruter had sex with someone he met in his office...in his office... OH MY!

Again best of luck... I guess

Glenn D.

Last edited by Al Norris; January 12, 2011 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old January 12, 2011, 09:20 PM   #4
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the Firing Line bbf12.

Sorry, but since this is not a military law forum, I highly doubt anyone can answer your questions to any greater extent than ohen cepel did.

Closed as off topic.
Closed Thread