The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old June 20, 2015, 11:33 PM   #1
Sharkbite

MVP LC in 308

Just brought home a Mossburg MVP LC. Didnt know i needed another 308 bolt gun

18.5" barrel, FDE stock, going to put an AAC Breakout 2.0 on it and run this as my dedicated suppressed boltgun.

Gotta pick up a good set of 30mm rings to hold the Vortex 6.5x20 glass that i was looking for something to do with.

All in all...pretty happy with the find
Old June 23, 2015, 12:38 PM   #2
sigshepardo

The MVP LC is very high on my priority list. Can you tell us where you found it and how much, maybe thoughts and opinions on it? I would love to own one but haven not known anyone to own one. It just seems like it has it all.
Old June 24, 2015, 06:21 AM   #3
agtman

Any pics?
Old June 24, 2015, 11:44 AM   #4
Sharkbite

I happened to find it at Cabeles. Was not even in the market for another bolt gun.

Initial impressions are very good. The bolt is a bit sloppy in the raceway and binds a little on feeding sometimes, but BOY does it shoot.

Without tailoring ammo to this gun (just grabbing some loaded for my FN) it shoot a number of 3/4" 5 shot groups during sight in. After getting the scope set i was working over the metal gongs on our range 8" plates out to 535yds with regularity.

Im going to replace the collapsible stock with a solid one, like a magpul PRS. That should make it even more solid.

All in all its a great gun.