The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 12, 2009, 01:08 PM   #1
AK103K

WASP Injection Knife

Anyone happen to have, or have used one of these?

http://www.waspknife.com/
Old February 12, 2009, 02:32 PM   #2
Whiteboy67

What the hell.......Does that knife release a spray of Co2 when you stab something? That's awesome!
Old February 12, 2009, 02:49 PM   #3
Wiskey_33

Seems kinda dumb, but hey, so's being a liberal.
Old February 13, 2009, 03:02 AM   #4
Gunner69

It's a dive knife... As a diver I can appreciate what 12grams of CO2 at ~600psi would do at depth.. The results would be alot more spectacular than on the watermelon.
Old February 14, 2009, 10:37 AM   #5
dcobler

That is awesome, though I have never used them as you asked. But I do want one, just not for $380.
Old February 14, 2009, 09:10 PM   #6
claymore1500

I have seen ad's for that knife before, I got to thinking, (and that can be dangerous at times).

Outside of thier intended use, what could possibly justify owning one (besides bragging rights).

Also, within thier intended use, ( I believe in the event of shark attack when diving) suppose you stick it into a shark, is his first reaction going to be rapid evacuation, probably taking your $400.00 knife with him?
Old February 14, 2009, 09:29 PM   #7
fisherman66

Do they sell any with Island Jerk or Cajun Butter? That would go great with a Boston Butt.
Old February 14, 2009, 09:39 PM   #8
AK103K

Why would you have to justify owning it. No different than anything else.

I would think its intended use would be to stick something with it and bring a quicker conclusion to the encounter. In reality, its probably to awkward to use to be practical. Then again, it might be just the ticket for certain applications that dont swim away.

These days, its probably smart just to get in before the ban. Like most other things of this type, once word gets out, the do gooders are soon on it, and they all of a sudden become instant collectors. $400 will soon be cheap.

I had one of the (supposed) "Spetznatz" blade shooting knives a number of years back. Paid next to nothing for it new, and traded it off a few years later for a substantial gain (of course by then it had been "banned"). Even then, I got the better end of the trade too. The thing was junk.
Old February 19, 2009, 01:51 PM   #9
racin_randy

Mall ninja equipment... Gecko45 has the specially ordered for his 3 man five by five team... LOL
Old February 19, 2009, 11:08 PM   #10
tranks

well thats creative i guess. took me a few mins to realize it didn't have anything to do with wasps. i said to myself "how is that going to help you fight a wasp "

looks like it has a lil kick to it. i guess i could see how it might help under water, but i think the fish will be out of the way before you can stab anything. i know i can't move very fast under water.

"Stan, what did I tell you about watching the Osbournes? It's going to make you retarded!" Stan's Mom (south park)
Old February 19, 2009, 11:22 PM   #11
Adrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymore1500
Also, within thier intended use, ( I believe in the event of shark attack when diving) suppose you stick it into a shark, is his first reaction going to be rapid evacuation, probably taking your $400.00 knife with him?
I don't know about you, but if I went diving and got away from a shark attack losing nothing more than a $400 knife, I'd say I got away with the good end of the bargain and put in an order for a replacement the second I got back onto dry land.
Matt.25:40
Old February 27, 2009, 01:14 PM   #12
Housezealot

here's the economy version, doesn't cut, but pumps some thing full of air all the same. for the budget minded mall ninja

http://www.amazon.com/Cork-Pops-Orig...ref=pd_sim_k_4

Last edited by Housezealot; February 27, 2009 at 01:27 PM.