The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old February 28, 2001, 12:57 PM   #1
Valdez

I'm punching in from a computer lab at a University as I currently don't have a home connection.

For reading the forums this works fine. However when I post, it allows me to post but before I'm kicked back to the thread I get a message suggesting I don't have authority and demanding I reenter my Username/etc. This accomplishes nothing.

I'm I doing something bad, is this a result of new security measures or perhaps the University doesn't accept the right cookies?

Valdez
Old February 28, 2001, 01:14 PM   #2
Caeca Invidia Es
Staff Alumnus

I'm assuming you are talking about the new software..... I know there is an issue with cookies in the current software that was cleaned up. It may still be present in the new software, I don't know for sure though as I have not looked into the code for it at all.

If you are coming from a computer lab you most likely don't have or want cookies enabled on the computer, unless you delete them after EVERY time you come here.

I'll look into the new code after I get some of the other annoying "features" taken care of.

I don't approve of political jokes, I've seen too many of them get elected.
Old February 28, 2001, 03:05 PM   #3
Valdez

Well, I really don't know what caused this change, though it happened fairly recently. Over the last month, I think. All I know is that now whenever I post from a school computer, I get the message that I don't have authority and reentering my data kicks me back to this same page again.

Could have been a change at this end, I'm not certain?
Thanks for your interest. At this point I just hop to another terminal after I post.

Valdez
Old February 28, 2001, 05:15 PM   #4
Caeca Invidia Es
Staff Alumnus

Are you talking about this software (version 1.1.5) or the test software (version 2.0.0 Beta 1)?

Old March 1, 2001, 12:07 PM   #5
Valdez

I'm sorry, I now see that this is occuring with version 1.1.5.

That's not what this forum is about is it?

Sorry for any misdirection.

Valdez
Old March 1, 2001, 12:17 PM   #6
Caeca Invidia Es
Staff Alumnus

Hey, no problem. But I am going to move this over to Suggestions, Questions and Feedback. And I'll look into it when I get the chance.

Old March 1, 2001, 12:50 PM   #7
Mal H
Staff

Valdez - I've got to think that you hit it squarly on the head when you surmised that the University doesn't accept the right cookies. Or more probable, they have completely disabled cookie processing. I know I would if I had a computer system open to the publics use if only to protect user A from the less than honorable tactics of user B.