The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old June 13, 2013, 10:58 AM   #1
Glenn E. Meyer

Campus Carry in TX

Truly dead - as from the NRA-ILA
Quote:
While transportation, pro-life and juvenile justice issues have been added to the call for the current special session, the NRA has been informed that important Second Amendment issues such as campus carry will NOT be included. While Governor Rick Perry (R) has the authority to add subjects to the call, he does so with input from the Lieutenant Governor (who presides over the state Senate) and the Speaker of the House. Please express your dissatisfaction with the following officials:
I had hints as to this way back when I testified. Perry has done this before. He talked the the carry talk but will not act.

It makes the point that you cannot trust any politico of any ideological stripe as a guarantee for the RKBA.
Old June 13, 2013, 11:02 AM   #2
CowTowner

Yep, it is dead. But I still took the time to express my dissatisfaction all the way around.
“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life......” President John F. Kennedy