The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 18, 2013, 03:06 PM   #1
Nakanokalronin

Direct replacement screw on Limbsaver recoil pad for NEF/H&R single shot shotguns?

I have a H&R 12ga. Single shot shotgun and want to find a Limbsaver recoil pad that will directly screw into the wood stock. Searching the internet, I've found two suggestions that may or may not work.

First is Limbsaver # 10003. Someone said this one would work if your shotgun came with a recoil pad from the factory. If it didn't you'd have to cut 1" off the stock for it to work. I don't recall any single shots coming with a recoil pad from the factory, but I could be wrong.

The second is Limbsaver # 10702. This seem to be for a Beretta shotgun and was said to fit right on the end of the wood stock.

I really don't want to get a slip-on since I don't like the way they look, so I'm hoping some Limbsaver out there mates up to the stock as well as the screw holes. Considering these things are cheap and everywhere, I'm surprised Limbsavers hasn't made a direct replacement for them yet. Any and all suggestions are welcome. I've cut the barrel to 18.5", put on a new bead, refinished the stock and forend so I'm hoping to put on a Limbsaver pad as the final touch.
Old June 18, 2013, 03:16 PM   #2
hoghunting

If you go to www.limbsaver.com they have actual size templates that you can print out and check the fit on your stock.
Old June 18, 2013, 03:38 PM   #3
Orphanedcowboy

^^^^^
Good advice!

Posted this on your other thread:

Go to Limbsaver's website and download and print the templates out, then overlay your current pad on the templates ad see which one most closely fits. I am willing to bet there isn't one with a perfect fit.

I ground a Pachmayr to fit my Handi-Rifle:

Old June 18, 2013, 04:20 PM   #4
Nakanokalronin

I'll have to print that out and see if anything fits. I may just take the stock pad off and drive around to a few places to see if they'll let me open up the packages and buy the one that is the closest type.