The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old December 11, 2008, 09:56 PM   #1
Dearhunter61

Photos of my deer hunts this year

Here are some photos from my deer hunting this year. I hope you all enjoy.

Sorry the photos are sooo small. I could not get the originals to load so I compressed the files hoping they would still be decent photos...it appears they are two small to enjoy...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy (2) of Copy of IMG_0054.jpg (33.8 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg Copy (2) of IMG_0015.jpg (34.9 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of IMG_0072.jpg (35.2 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by Dearhunter61; December 11, 2008 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Photo resizing
Old December 11, 2008, 10:00 PM   #2
wpcexpert

Real nice deer brother. Is that a pic of the big one alive then down? Nice.
When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.
- Thomas Jefferson
Old December 11, 2008, 10:00 PM   #3
BIGR

Nice deer.
Old December 11, 2008, 10:05 PM   #4
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Is that last one still in velvet?
The only antler in velvet I have seen/touched on a "wild" deer was a Key deer on No Name Key and that little bugger thought he had something for ye' ol' hogdogs but he didn't know I wasn't a touron... he bucked and hopped a pretty cool dance 'fore I let him go
Your "down deer" has a real nice gun rack on his head!
Brent
Old December 11, 2008, 10:22 PM   #5
Dearhunter61

Nope they are different Bucks

I had more fun this year deer hunting simply because I saw so many deer. Here are some more photos of some bucks I photographed. It was just an outstanding time in the stand seeing some many deer. Last Friday morning I had 20 bucks at one of my feeders at the same time. Amazing.

So far this year I have taken a nine pointer as my "Trophy Buck", as my Cull Buck I took a 6 pointer still in velvet, a doe, 2 hogs and a fox. Pretty cool year so far. The guys on the lease are trying to talk me into coming back the last week of this month although I am not sure what I would do...I can still take more hogs but I have not seen any since the first weekend of the season when I got the two I got...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0063.jpg (254.2 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of Dec 5th Morning Hunt 135.jpg (41.0 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Copy (2) of Dec 5th Morning Hunt 110.jpg (39.5 KB, 47 views)
Old December 11, 2008, 10:27 PM   #6
Dearhunter61

Hogdogs

Yes it was still in velvet. I took it this past Sunday while I had a large nine point at one of my feeders. It was a pretty cool hunt. I needed to get down to go to the camp to take care of some business but did not want to run the nine point off gettinig out of the stand when it walked out. I did not think I was going to get him at first because before I confirmed he was in velvet and grabbed my gun he took off back the way he came. But them all of a sudden the little buck he was with turned and headed back my way which brought the one in velvet back toward me. I saw his chest through the brush and had my 22-250 with me which has a 6.5-20 Conquest on it and could make out the heart area great so I put the crosshairs on him and squeezed the trigger. He ran about 60 yards, took a couple of turns in a circle and piled up.
Old December 11, 2008, 10:33 PM   #7
JonnyReb

Wow, awesome pics of some beautiful deer. Thanks for sharing your success.