The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 7, 2008, 09:01 PM   #1
Tex S

Just got a Forster Bushimg Bump Die minus bushings...

I do not have a case neck wall gauge, but will be ordering the bushings for the die by meausuring the outside diameter of the case neck .

An average fire formed .270 case from my rifle measures .309'' thru .308'' around the neck. Forster said to subtract .002'' from the small measurement and order the corresponding bushing. I will definately be purchasing a .306'' bushing. Any advice on other sizes I should consider?

I thought it was kinda funny that if I would've ordered the die with bushings, Midway would've sent me .303'', .301'', & .299'' bushings. Those seem way too small for my rifle. Wonder if my rifle has a large neck? I know I am getting accurate case neck diameter meausurements because I have checked the diameter with a mic. and calipers. Any insight would be nice.

Anybody used this type of die before? Any good luck with em? I also bought an Ultra Seater Die & FL Resize Die.
Old December 7, 2008, 10:04 PM   #2
rn22723

Did you measure a loaded round versus a fired case?

Now, you know each brand of brass will be different? for the same cartridge.

You know ou can order a 270 bump die kit
270 Win BBK2501 (.303, .301, .299) BBD3501 the bushings supplied are listed