The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 6, 2013, 02:46 PM   #1
breakingcontact

Costa signature series m&p

Have one?

I'm not a regular worshiper at the church of Magpul but this looks pretty cool and some of the customization I really like.

Experiences?
Old February 6, 2013, 03:23 PM   #2
TunnelRat

Whether I like it or not doesn't really matter, in their first offering of them they sold out in a matter of minutes . They'll definitely sell. Below is a link to a youtube video, just watched yesterday ironically enough, where Costa talks about the upgrades and why they were made. Man makes a heck of a salesman, could make a video about PB&J sandwiches and make it seem tactical and interesting. I'm not a huge M&P fan though, and there are other guns on my list that I want before I shell out $1500 for one. But if you have the change, heck why not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYrSFRkue3Y
Maintain situational awareness
Old February 6, 2013, 03:55 PM   #3
breakingcontact

Didn't notice the price.

Definitely don't need one, but may encourage me to make some mods to what I have.

Funny you mention the video, watched it over. He's very personable and persuasive, but honest too. Like how you don't NEED the serrations, you can just use skateboard tape.
Old February 6, 2013, 04:14 PM   #4
TunnelRat

Quote:
Funny you mention the video, watched it over. He's very personable and persuasive, but honest too. Like how you don't NEED the serrations, you can just use skateboard tape.
Yea he's pretty straightfoward how most of it isn't NEEDED, but does have a reason for being there.
Maintain situational awareness
Old February 7, 2013, 10:07 AM   #5
TacticalDefense1911

Costa has no affiliation with Magpul anymore.
Old February 8, 2013, 12:47 AM   #6
HKFan9

You will notice Chris, and Travis... the other former Magpul Dynamics founder... both split for their own companies... are straight forward about things.

Yes the mods aren't needed... but they also do tell about the benefits of products and mods they use and sell, and often times will tell you unless your a high level shooter, you may not notice the difference.

Both are stand up guys, and great for the industry, they will always get my support, I pre-ordered one of Travis's new HSP/BCM Jack Carbines, should be here next month according to the BCM Rep I spoke with.
Old February 8, 2013, 01:57 AM   #7
breakingcontact

So did they just sell it off? Why? Why the split?
Old February 9, 2013, 02:15 PM   #8
HKFan9

Magpul Dynamics still exists and still holds classes with different instructors now.

Travis Haley went off to start Haley Strategic Partners... they do training, also he collaborates with a lot of different manufactures to bring products out in hopes to improve the industry.

Chris Costa went off to start his own called Costa Ludus, where they also host training programs, as well as partner with companies to bring products out.

Chris Costa released this handgun as well as a signature AR from LaRue.

Travis Haley just released a signature AR from BCM called the Jack Carbine, which mine is being built as we speak.
Old February 9, 2013, 06:53 PM   #9
KO3422

Looks pretty cool. I may have to pick one up.