The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 1, 2002, 09:12 PM   #1
KP95DAO

Speers small flash hole 357 Sig brass and the cost to RCBS.

I picked up a bunch of the small flashhole Speer 357 Sig brass and after getting the decapping pin in my RCBS die pulled out twice by that brass I called Speer about the problem.

The person in Tech I talked to was also surprised that the brass people choose to go with the smaller flashhole to solve a primer flow problem. I told him that I had done some experimenting with larger than normal flashholes and that the larger holes have the effect of reducing pressure effects on primers. He said that this was his experience also. Anyway he said to call RCBS about getting a small decapping pin assembly for my die set.

I called RCBS and they were not surprised to hear about my problem and went about getting the info so they could send me the smaller decapping assembly.

So, I wonder just how much this has cost Speer/RCBS? And for you with RCBS dies you can get your small decapping assemby by calling 1-800-533-5000.