The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old January 15, 2014, 11:46 AM   #1
Doc Hoy

Need a quick steer.... Auction ends at 7:00 pm today.

On GB there is a Baretta Renegade 1873 Winchester from Uberti with a 20" octagon barrel in .45 LC. The price is 800 with no bids. Buy it now for 900.00.

These rifles go new for up to 1400.00. The rifle is used but looks perfect.

Seems like it is too good to pass up.

Am I missing sumpin?
Old January 15, 2014, 12:06 PM   #2
Fingers McGee

Re: Am I missing sumpin?

Don't believe so; but, I can't comment on current manufacture quality. All my lever guns are from before Beretta bought Uberti. Since it's a '73, take down for cleaning will be easier than a '66. And you will have to clean it good with BP in the .45 Colt. You'll get plenty of blowby.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce
Old January 15, 2014, 12:44 PM   #3
Rigmarol

I'm keeping my eye out for similar and that is in my price range... But, Christmas cleaned me out so all I'm doing is looking.

If I had the money, I'd be buying it now personally. But that's me friend, far be it from me to spend another man's money.
Old January 15, 2014, 06:12 PM   #4
PetahW

FWIW, I've gotten myself a few very nice & uncommon guns via jumping on the BIN price while the other bidders were trying to get whatever, as inexpensively as they could (maybe greedily).

(Several times, I've had buy offers from unsuccessful bidders, after I did the BIN trick )