The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old October 12, 2008, 06:29 PM   #1
8t6gt

Just bought my Mueller APV

I just mounted it to my Savage93R 17. I just got home from work and its dark so I cant shoot but just wanted to recomend to people this scope. For the money this is a great scope. I got the 4.5-14X40 and its perfect for my HMR wich I got it mounted on and would be great for a Varmit rifle that doesnt need a super high zoom. But it compares pretty decent to my Nikon Buckmaster and at over 100 bucks less I think thats pretty good.

Has anyone had any good luck with them?

I know there assembled in China but why does it say contact them in Johanesburg Michigan? Thats one of the reasons I bought it cause I live pretty close to there
Old October 12, 2008, 06:57 PM   #2
High Planes Drifter

My Dad loves his. I've hunted hith his rifle a few times; and I must say, I'm quite impressed with it. I wouldnt have anything against putting one on my rifle if I ever have to replace my Zeiss Conquest.
Old October 12, 2008, 07:33 PM   #3
tkofoid

I own the 8.5X25X44 and have it mounted on my 220 swift. My only complaint is that the turret knobs are a bit on the 'cheapish side' and the set screws always vibrated loose and seemd to change my POA. I removed them all, coated them with locktite, and reinstalled. That made the entire difference. I shoot one ragged hole with the gun using the Meuller scope.
I beleive for the money it's the best bang! A stranger at the range looked though mine at 300 yards and watched a fly walk across my target. I told him to shoot the fly when it stops for a bit. He declined!
Old October 13, 2008, 03:36 PM   #4
8t6gt

HAHA Yeah I would have tried to pop that fly. But I agree for the money you cant beat the thing. I got mine for like 86 bucks with my discount
Old October 13, 2008, 09:25 PM   #5
10-96

I've got 3 of the 8.5x25's so far on my varmint rigs. None of them are absorbing much recoil, but one on my yote AR does get banged around more than others and it's held up great. I haven't had the trouble with the knobs as of yet- hope I don't. But if I do- I now know how to put a fix to it. The Mueller sight (or somewhere) says that they have a model line that was not designed for heavy recoil. But, I can't recall which line that was.

Yeah, I gotta "+1" this'n. Mueller makes a dang fine scope.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.