The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 6, 2011, 01:16 PM   #101
Terry A

I don't have a wrist-watch

I carry in church because I just always have a handgun on me. Sunday school, the morning worship service & Wednesday night Bible study. I also carry while at the dentist, Dr.'s office or going inside Burger King. I carry when I'm cutting the grass or while shopping for ammo at WalMart ( wanted to stir the pot).

Some people never leave home without their watch and wallet. I never leave the bed without having a handgun on me. Just because.

In all seriousness, I was a full time police officer from 1981-1990. From 1990-1995 I pastored a church full time. In 1995, I went back into law enforcement until earlier this year, when I went on a retirement disability. And I carried a handgun on me just about every time I was ever in church. Or anywhere else outside my home. I just developed that good habit.

And I don't feel as if it offended my Lord.
2 Thes 3:16 "Now may the Lord of peace Himself continually grant you peace in every circumstance. The Lord be with you all! "
Old April 6, 2011, 02:05 PM   #102
Robert J McElwain

Quote:
I carry in church because I just always have a handgun on me. Sunday school, the morning worship service & Wednesday night Bible study. I also carry while at the dentist, Dr.'s office or going inside Burger King. I carry when I'm cutting the grass or while shopping for ammo at WalMart ( wanted to stir the pot).

Some people never leave home without their watch and wallet. I never leave the bed without having a handgun on me. Just because.

In all seriousness, I was a full time police officer from 1981-1990. From 1990-1995 I pastored a church full time. In 1995, I went back into law enforcement until earlier this year, when I went on a retirement disability. And I carried a handgun on me just about every time I was ever in church. Or anywhere else outside my home. I just developed that good habit.

And I don't feel as if it offended my Lord.
Probably more firearms in pulpits than any of us could imagine.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." ~Thomas Jefferson
Old April 18, 2011, 07:07 PM   #103
bamacisa

Depending on location, there might be a danger getting out of your car and going into church and leaving church for your car. We have had several cases of purse snatching and robbery around churches in my area. If you are not aware...beware. Also, remember, the lord helps those who help themselves.
More than a few people in my church ccw.
Old April 18, 2011, 10:23 PM   #104
Eagle Eye

We're in Kansas, Toto.....guns not allowed in church....end of story.

PS. Criminals can of course carry guns in church.:barf:
Old April 19, 2011, 06:46 AM   #105
BlueTrain

We pretty much don't go to church any more. Way too dangerous, apparently. Worried about staying at home, too. That's dangerous, too.
Buy War Bonds.

Tags
church , slayings , trial