The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 19, 2011, 10:25 AM   #1
Steeltown Joe

Side mount LaserLyte for revolvers ?

Has anyone used the Laserlyte side mount laser for the Taurus Public Defender CK-TA. This seems to be the only laser that fits the PD. Does anyone have any experience using this on your PD or Judge ? Does it hold up to the recoil ? How is the battery life ? Would you buy again ? Anyone recomend a store or online store with the best service and price? Thanks !
Steeltown
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CK-TA-01.jpg (21.8 KB, 42 views)
Old March 20, 2011, 02:00 AM   #2
Northrider

Good questions, I was just looking at their website last night wondering the same things. Crimson Trace makes them for the Defender, just not the Public Defender yet.
Old March 20, 2011, 09:19 AM   #3
Steeltown Joe

Northrider,
I looked at the Crimson Trace line first. But after doing some more research I am leaning toward getting the Laserlyte side mount. I know it is not as aesthetically pleasing as the laser grip but there are some pros that I really like. The Laserlyte fits all Taurus revolvers. The price is right. I found it at Midway USA for $114.99 and for that price you can buy two for what one pair of Crimson Trace grips cost. You can keep your PD grips in place. I know some people just don't like these grips but I do and find them very comfortable.There are 2 reviews on Midway and both are from 2011 and both are 5 star. In fact I think I just talked myself into buying them. I will let you know how they work out and give a range report.
Steeltown
Old March 20, 2011, 01:58 PM   #4
dnovo

I've got one on mine. Easy to fit and adjust for aim. I'd get one. Works fine. Dave
Old March 24, 2011, 08:06 AM   #5
Steeltown Joe

Laserlyte side mount for my PD came today from Midway (always fast shipping) it was very easy to install. The only tool not included is a screwdriver to remove side plate screws. I had to change to smaller plate for the PD frame but that was no sweat. It came with 2 side plates, 4 screws ,5 allen wrenches and 4 extra batteries and Illustrated instruction booklet.
After getting it all back together I had to make a few adjustments for windage and elevation to line up with the stock sights. Works great so far and bonus is it fits well in the holster without problems.

Steeltown

Last edited by Steeltown Joe; March 28, 2011 at 07:20 AM.