The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 1, 1999, 01:04 PM   #1
tankertom

Howdy,

My wife got me a Surefire 6P for Christmas.

What sheath/carrier would be best for everyday carry of this very cool flashlight?

Tom
Old January 1, 1999, 03:00 PM   #2
snoman

TT, I have a Blackhawk Carrier, it can be worn hori. or vert. great peice of equipment!!!

---SNOMAN---
Old January 1, 1999, 11:26 PM   #3
ShadedDude

I saw a pic of a belt sheath for a surefire and a magazine that Edge Works does and it looks REALLY nice! Its a 6Z in the pic, but I'd bet they would one for a 6P without a mag if thats what you wanted.

<A HREF="http://www.tacticalholsters.com/extras.htm">http://www.tacticalholsters.com/extras.htm</A>

------------------

Mouse Assassins inc.
Old January 2, 1999, 05:42 AM   #4
SB

I have one that carries vertically from Bladetech. Works fine so far. If you plan to add a filter on, you may have to settle for the horizontal carry sheath. Otherwise, my only complaint is that my kid hits the thumb button every once in a while when I'm carrying him. Anybody got a solution for that?
Old January 3, 1999, 01:02 AM   #5
Rob Pincus

When in Uniform and occassionally when not, I use the blade-tech vertical sheath too.
During the day, I carry it with the lens up, which lets the unit sit much lower and less obtrusively on the belt.
Old January 3, 1999, 07:09 AM   #6
SB

Rob:

Are you carrying lens up with your 6P or 6Z? How does it affect your drawing technique?
Old January 5, 1999, 02:00 PM   #7
DonL

I have both the factory Surefire carrier (hard plastic with steel spring retaining finger) and the vertical Blackhawk. Both are okay, but I tend to wear narrower belts than they're designed for, so both shift and move a bit for me. I'm probably being picky, but I'm not real fond of the RR-I-I-PP of velcro, nor the "sproing" of the metal clip, and I'm tossing around the Mad Dog Gun Glove 6P/6Z kydex holder, and I also like the look of Scott Evan's, if it can be had without the mag holder. Decisions, decisions.