The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old September 4, 2014, 12:53 PM   #26
buck460XVR

Quote:
Originally posted by Technosavant:

In short:

The charity is being kept under wraps... it was described as a national charity that ranks highly in terms of the most money making it to people in need. The reason for this is because the charity asked them to not reveal them (because the politically correct sort is the type to throw a fit if "incorrect" groups join in with them) at first. When the campaign ends they are going to reveal who it is and how much was given.

As far as how much, they're not really sure... that's pretty much what the $5 extra fee is for, but the costs involved with another color make them reluctant to make any other promises right now but they are willing to kick in even more if they feel it is needed.
Seems like a half gassed commitment to me. Sorry. They won't disclose, even to a potential contributor, what organization will get the monies? There really is an organization out there that is hesitant to take gun owners monies towards a good cause? There aren't other Breast Cancer organizations out there that would be happy to? If that charity is so afraid that gun owner contributions will turn off other contributors, why wouldn't the same happen after the Falcon campaign is over and the announcement made? Is that organization done with at the end of the Falcon campaign?.......These are all questions that make me go mmmmmmmm.

Won't say how much of the 5 extra bucks will go to the charity? Why not the $5? Sorry, but color makes no difference in their cost. While there may be a small amount of labor cost attributed to set up, it is the same cost as changing to any other color they do. Even if there was an added cost involved, they already know what that is.....believe me, or they won't be in business long. Other companies make a percentage donation and they tell that up front......and they don't charge extra for it. These are companies that make a serious commitment. Being reluctant to state a percentage or amount tells me they have not made a commitment and it is just advertising. Want their bullets and want to make a donation to Breast cancer? Buy their regular bullets and take that extra $5 per unit and send it directly yourself to whichever Breast Cancer Charity you want. Then you know they are getting something up front.
Old September 4, 2014, 01:43 PM   #27
Technosavant

They were asked not to disclose it by the charity.

And yes, the $5 is for that... it could well be more than that, it just depends on actual costs incurred. I could have explained that better, but I just didn't want to post the whole email from them since I haven't received their permission to post it (I don't think they'd mind, but I didn't ask, so I just gave a distillation).

Like I said, they came off to me as extremely honest and desiring to do good by leveraging their products to that end. They seem trustworthy to me, and the testimony by Sevens reinforces that impression. Their site mentions how breast cancer has impacted their family... I have a very difficult time believing they're trying to scam buyers- t'were this the case, I'd think they'd have gone a little farther to do it (higher costs, longer running campaign, etc.).

I plan to do business with them (I just have to time the order so I'm not risking a big shipment of bullets showing up while I'm out of town). Anybody else is perfectly able to email them as I did and see for themselves. As for me, I want to see how the pink bullets look when loaded into ammo and then into my magazines. Because hey, why not.
Old September 4, 2014, 08:44 PM   #28
Voyager2011

Falcon Bullet Company Fact: The owners mother has had breast cancer, a mastectomy, and the cancer has returned in her kidneys and bones.

Falcon Bullet Company Fact: The owners mother is a big part of getting bullets packed, inspected and shipped.

Falcon Bullet Company Fact: The National Breast Cancer foundation that the donation is going to (BIG hint there folks), asked the owner NOT to advertise their name due to some big donors and partners may be "offended" by an appearance of a "partnership" with the firearms industry.

Falcon Bullet Company Fact: The $5 per box of 500 is to cover the costs of the Campaign (yeah, there is a cost associated with credit card transactions and different color raw material and whatnot) and for the donation. What hasn't been said is that if the campaign goes over the top and all orders are BCA pink, more of the $5 per box is going to the donation. Why? Because there is no color change costs to switch back and forth between colors. Also, if the fundraiser doesn't go over big, then Falcon Bullet Company will be adding to the donation.

So... buy the Falcon Bullet BCA Pink, or regular FalCoated (red), or hard cast.... or nothing at all. Just know the company is not trying to pull the wool over your eyes in any way.
Old September 5, 2014, 08:37 AM   #29
buck460XVR

Quote:
Originall posted by Voyager2011:

Falcon Bullet Company Fact: The owners mother has had breast cancer, a mastectomy, and the cancer has returned in her kidneys and bones.

Falcon Bullet Company Fact: The owners mother is a big part of getting bullets packed, inspected and shipped.

Falcon Bullet Company Fact: The National Breast Cancer foundation that the donation is going to (BIG hint there folks), asked the owner NOT to advertise their name due to some big donors and partners may be "offended" by an appearance of a "partnership" with the firearms industry.

Falcon Bullet Company Fact: The $5 per box of 500 is to cover the costs of the Campaign (yeah, there is a cost associated with credit card transactions and different color raw material and whatnot) and for the donation. What hasn't been said is that if the campaign goes over the top and all orders are BCA pink, more of the $5 per box is going to the donation. Why? Because there is no color change costs to switch back and forth between colors. Also, if the fundraiser doesn't go over big, then Falcon Bullet Company will be adding to the donation.

So... buy the Falcon Bullet BCA Pink, or regular FalCoated (red), or hard cast.... or nothing at all. Just know the company is not trying to pull the wool over your eyes in any way.

I read the same previously before my last post. It did not change my opinion. I have had many members of my family pass and suffer from cancer over the years, as have most of us. While Falcon's attempt may be sincere and with good intentions, it still seems to be half-gassed and it still would seem that folks would be better off to buy the regular bullets and send the extra $5 directly to the charity itself. Here's a better idea, buy any type of bullet you want and send $5 a unit to Breast Cancer charities.
Old September 5, 2014, 10:17 AM   #30
BobCat45

buck460XVR, you and Sevens are exactly right - send a contribution directly to the charity, it will likely be more than the charity would get based on your bullet purchase.

But - maybe include a note, informing the charity that you might not have thought of sending them a contribution, but you saw the pink bullets and thought, "Heck, I can do better than that! I'll contribute directly, in an amount greater than they'd get from my bullet order."

If the Falcon campaign induces people to contribute who might otherwise not have done so, they accomplished what they set out to and they might not care whether you are shooting pink bullets or not.